Factory 720 paint codes for 85-86.5

On 12/28/2022 at 3:37 PM, Datsun pickup said:

Does anyone know how to shut off the interior dome light on Nissan 720? It won’t shut off when the drivers door is open.

Not suppose to shut off when the door is open.Unless you have it set on the off position.If you have it on the off position and light comes on.Then the switch in the light may be bad.Take it off and check out the connections and both door switches.The door switches may be stuck.Mine was.Shoot some wd-40 in there,worked for me.They have some for the 4x4 for sell on Ebay...Nissan still sells the bulbsI, bought 2,one for a spare.The one's at Auto part stores are not the right ones.Bulb

12V-10W
Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 720 already has the tachometer wires in the harness ready to use. Plug tach into the dash and good to go. On the '83 and up 7200 the tach resister ...

WiMlMsc.jpg

... is between the left headlights and the coils. It will present as a taped up lump on the harness.

• 1 month later...

You mean the oil and volt gauges from a 4x4?

You will need the gauges and the wire harness* on them. This 'mini' harness is a a foot long and connects into the dash harness on the right side of the heater.

A dual oil pressure sender that both works the gauge and the red low oil pressure light in the dash.

As I see it the early 2wd did not have the harness for the gauge cluster but '83 and up did, so you should have the dash connections that connects to the gauge harness*. The dash harness connectors that the gauge harness plugs into may be tapped up out of the way under the dash. If so this will make things much easier.

You won't have the dual wire connection to the dual oil pressure sender on you 2wd engine harness. I just run an extra wire (for the gauge part of the sender) back to the gauge in the cab.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...