junk yard 310 and 210

kinetisist

I just went to the junk yard here in Redding Ca...3 hours north of Sacramento...They have 4 datsuns .. 2 are 210 and 2 are 310 they are mostly unmolested at this time but that wont last long ... If you need parts and are will to pay I can go and get some in the next week or 2 ..none had stick shifters in them but were all 4 or 5 speeds but could not tell which any help .. and one had an e16 engine in it ??? never heard of this engine .. had the same intake but the exhuast was in the other side of the head. I am sure 2 or 3 need engine rebuild due to the amount of oil on the engine but they were most complete

let me know

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Datsun 310 is a FWD car, and they converted over to the E15 engine in 1982. E-series engine only came in FWD cars, there are no RWD transmissions to fit E-series engine. But guys have used adapter plates to put them in a 210. The E16 came later in the Sentra.

To tell which transmission it is, read the ID Plate in the engine compartment.

Datsun 310 is a FWD car, and they converted over to the E15 engine in 1982. E-series engine only came in FWD cars, there are no RWD transmissions to fit E-series engine. But guys have used adapter plates to put them in a 210. The E16 came later in the Sentra.

To tell which transmission it is, read the ID Plate in the engine compartment.

i thought a datsun 310 was a datsun 210, i have one of those and its rwd (1979 210)