WTb 1971 521 Side marker lamp

Allrighty my ratsun brothers, I have a disentegrating side marker lamp in my 521 and can't pass inspection. The lens is great, I really only need the piece you put the bulb in. It crumbled in my hand trying to ge the bulb out.

Just checked E Bay, and they have the overseas sss ones, but not the rectangle 71 521 ones.

I am headed to a garage that deals with old import stuff to see if they have anything that'll work, but wanted to check with y'all too.

Rock, Scott

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

510 and 521 side markers are NOT the same. Different size, different design. 510 ones aren't rectangular, more like an elongated hexagon.

620 side marker housings (and lenses) are the same as the 521. The rubber block is different, but can be swapped from the old one.

Fisch

Go to the chezzy autoparts store and get a inner bulb holder.

what I did is cut the rusty part out with a hack saw and put the new. I think it was plastic and Jb weld it on and solder the grnd wire to the housing elsewhere with MA flux(got that from work)

http://www.americanautowire.com/Lighting_Sockets.html (get the idea)

You're a mind reader HAinz, I just go back from the Auto store w/ one of those holders. It is all metal so I am pretty much gonna splice the old wires to it in the same locations and see what I get!

About 5 bucks for it and a bulb, way cheaper than a whole new unit! I will report back if I get it to work, should be pretty smooth though.

You're a mind reader HAinz, I just go back from the Auto store w/ one of those holders. It is all metal so I am pretty much gonna splice the old wires to it in the same locations and see what I get!

About 5 bucks for it and a bulb, way cheaper than a whole new unit! I will report back if I get it to work, should be pretty smooth though.

let me know if this doesn't work. I'm sure I have one in my parts truck

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.