needed to buy: 510 driver's fender, 14" aluminum ZX rim

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are both right........the 6-Spoke and the Iron Cross are both 14". The Swaztika's are 15" (I don't know what size the Turbo Snowflakes are?).

Eagle Adam--Yes, I now know they are called the "6-spoke" 14" ZX rims like pictured on your white 4 door. I guess they are way too difficult to recognize in my avatar! I do like the look of the iron crosses though. Steve--I'm right by Valhalla HS, so will be calling you later this morning about the fender. Thanks everyone so far, will probably be checking the Otay junkyards for a rim this Saturday--Mike

The 81 Turbo Snowflakes are 15 inch X 6 as are the Swasticas The 6 spokes are 14X6 and so are the Iron Cross wheels the Black Pearl wheels are 14 inch X 5.5 The 4 lug Non turbo 84-85 300Zx (Z31)are 15 X6 also That covers all the Factory 4 Lug Alloys

To all who read this and responded--Thanks for the info on all our options with the Datsun/Nissan rims, we found the needed ZX strut housing/spindle and 6-spoke rim at Ecology Pull-your-parts, they wanted $40 for each of these which is slightly more than I thought they would be, plus $5 to remove the wheel lock, plus $6 core charge for tire/rim, plus $2 environmental fee, but we were just glad we were able to find them. We then cleaned up, painted and swapped the springs, brakes & bearings over from our bent strut, and luckily already had a spare Tokico blue strut insert, so mechanically back together.

A huge thanks to "craZee" Steve, who not only had a solid fender at a fair price, he lived nearby so no additional wasted money for gas, AND he shared his passion for driving/racing old Datsuns with my son and I, which got my son fired up to get his car back on the road! We still have a little more work to do (about a half inch) to square up the top of the driver's side inner fender/strut tower so the fender and hood have the correct spacing, but it's at least driveable for us to get it to a body shop. We'll have all body work and full paint job done as soon as we get a few estimates. Thomas says he wants it semi-gloss black, not my first choice of colors, but it's his car so we'll see how it turns out. Thanks again--Mike

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.