Replacement motor mounts?

Probably a stupid question, and likely been answered before, but...

Are the motor mounts for 510's, 521' 620's, etc interchangeable?

I think mine are getting soft or broken. I found these: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1210150,parttype,5552,partGroup,20

but not 100% sure that they'd fit. I'd feel pretty stupid getting them and they don't work :D

FWIW: L20B, '79 frame front half, '70 521 cab. :blink:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can also ask them to cross reference to see if they will fit. In other words get the part number for one and then see if they will match the others. And don't worry about feeling stupid cuz someone is probably wondering the same thing.;)

I can difinately attest that the motor mounts on our 510 is different from L and R, at first when you look at them they look the same, but when you have them out of the car, one is angled a little different and like I said just cross reference them. BTW motor mounts are expensive like $50 each or so.

I can difinately attest that the motor mounts on our 510 is different from L and R, at first when you look at them they look the same, but when you have them out of the car, one is angled a little different and like I said just cross reference them. BTW motor mounts are expensive like $50 each or so.

:confused: they are the same part# for a 510, L or R

nissanparts.CC has em for ~$25 ea

Okay, they are different...prior to installation of motor mounts, I compared the two and they are different. My friend, who helped me, install the engine saw the same thing. Also I went to nissanparts.cc and they only go down to 1980.

Okay, called nissanparts.cc and gave them part number. Per Gordon, Sales, he said that the price is wrong and should be about $50 each but they did not carry them. Before I bought mine for like $47 for datsun 510, I called like 4 places and they were about the same price and also talked to a few Datsun guys around my area and they said that's the going price, pricey. And it is confirmed from the guys that the left and right side is different.

RacerX

well its seems everyone is correct here...

http://carfiche.com/fiche009/510/2/e07.gif

there was at one time a L&R mount, which has been superseded by the now universal??? # i listed.

learn something new everyday :cool:

i call BS on nissanparts. call back and ask for lisa (or the mgr) and get the price listed on the site (watch em update it too)

i got mine around january for $25, 1 was BO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Guys I just looked this thread up since I had to order some new rubber isolators since one of mine was busted...but I think there was some confusion in this thread when discussing/labeling motor mounts when I 'think' the OP mean to say rubber isolators. In fact the part number 11220-A3500 referenced is the rubber isolator not the metal motor mount itself. Yes the metal motor mounts are different for the left and right side but the rubber on them is not.

I just wanted to clarify on this since it might help others when searching for this. :)

Guys I just looked this thread up since I had to order some new rubber isolators since one of mine was busted...but I think there was some confusion in this thread when discussing/labeling motor mounts when I 'think' the OP mean to say rubber isolators. In fact the part number 11220-A3500 referenced is the rubber isolator not the metal motor mount itself. Yes the metal motor mounts are different for the left and right side but the rubber on them is not.

I just wanted to clarify on this since it might help others when searching for this. :)

I do believe you are quite correct. The metal sections of the mounts are quite good, but the rubber isolators are old and apparently soft.

I didn't know they could be separated? :confused:

Never did buy any... too damn lazy.:fu: