Possible wire corrosion

wagoon

Intermittently my "Park, Charge, Oil gauge, turn signals, gas gauge, temp gauge work. I'm trying to trace all of the wires, from the fuse box. I have a stripped screw on the fuse box so it's hard to remove the fuse box. Ive seen some folks use lemon or vinegar on the wiring. Where is the locations to look at. I also noticed my fuse box has a Common fuse and it keeps blowing, what is that for?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those things are on separate fuses, so it's unlikely to be a fuse problem. Never heard of a Common fuse.

Most likely suspect is the dash ground. Make sure the instrument cluster is tightened to the dash frame. Might just need one screw tightened.

Make sure the pins on the back of the cluster are not broken. My friends truck had a couple of broken pins (where the wire harness connector plugs in). I took out the gauges and re soldered the pins to the board.

• 2 weeks later...
...How bout this one? (not connected)

th_bus1.jpg

...and this one?

th_bus2.jpg

Both are Flasher units. Either Turn Signals or Hazard flashers. Whichever system does not work on your vehicle is the unplugged one. Turn your Hazards on and see.

The NILES unit is original Datsun equipment. The small one is an aftermarket #552 replacement unit for the the missing second NILES unit.

Common.Fuse would be the cig light wire. Thats a common.which usues the common fuse

Or go to the fuse box put a ohm meter on there and trace it out the fuse box to the connector that plugs in to it.

It does whcih colors to blu/ wht under the dash If I rember right but may start out as another color. You may hay to trace under the glove box and disconnect the pluggs.

All else fails BUY a Haynes manual page 181 or look up a schematic for this