i dont know what im doing

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i had some bad advice, some people that i thought had known alot about mechanics turned out to not. i wanted to pull just the motor but it was suggested that pulling the whole thing would be easier. ive been working outside and in the dark and in the rain after leaving work for the last week and a half, trying to get it going, so i very well could have fucked something up in the tranny. i think when i was trying to mate the motor and tranny together with the torque converter attached to the flexplate i may have damaged the input shaft? after i took the advice to install the torque converter to the tranny first the motor and tranny slid right together.

is there anything i can do about it not shifting as it sits now, mounted in the car, maybe a knocked something external, while moving it around? im on the verge of buying another car because i cant stomach this shit anymore, im not a mechanic, im just a dude with a datsun.