810 opportunity

So, I found an 810. Unfortunately its a 78 wagon with 212k miles, and bad rust.

I frikken hate rusty wagons. But, its an 810 and it probably runs well enough to make a 250 mile trip home.

600 bucks. Worth it?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1336791149.jpg

And,, the other side is about the same,,, and yes,, it goes all the way through. However,, interior looks nice and seller claims it has been regularly maintained,, and is still a daily driver.

Anybody know if 810 body panels are as hard to find as the cars them selves? Any other Datsuns share panels?

HMMMM,,, Im a gonna pass on the rusty wagon. Its in CO,, if anybody wants in on it,, I will contact the seller on their behalf. I think the truth being,, I frikken hate wagons,, rusty or not.

By the way, I should have some iron crosses being delivered to me any day now. Those wheels look fantastic even on a parts wagon!

Denver metro area. I had a wanted ad,, and this person responded to it,, so as far as I know its not advertised anywhere. Pm me your contact information and I can forward it to the owner if seriously interested. Im not going to get it.

Grand Junction, that was supposed to be the correct answer.

Denver is a bit far, but expected. I did do a little research & it looks like the seller may have had a craigslist ad up, which was ended so it may no longer be available. I wish a potential business deal would go through, then I'd feel a little more flush, but right now I'll have to pass if it is still available.

Ah, so he hasn't sold it yet.

Free!?! If it's free or nearly free I can spend the gas to go get it for spare parts (not going to try and restore it, sorry). I bought a dolly so I can finally get the 89' home & can use it to haul the 88' to Utah. If it's seriously cheap, pm me the guys contact info.

xlr8r pm me your contact info. This person wants to sell. He said its been in the same family sinse new, and been the most reliable car they have ever owned. Nice person,, so I believe him. Its probably a fantastic car.

Heck,, that solid shell is worth some $$ for sure. xlr8r I sent your info to the seller. Ztrain if you were closer I would offer you some $$ on that roller parts car. Oh well. My iron crosses finally arrived. What a hassle. Going to take em in for blasting and powder coating here soon. Cant decide on colors though.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be picking it up soon, the plan is to get it this weekend.

I got a few more pics from him, it's still hard to say whether I'll try to save the car, but based on a couple photos (rusted out where firewall & floor pan meet) it's looking like I'll be stripping it to have spare parts handy for my 79'. It was a DD for the owner since 81, a lot of winters have taken their toll.

I'll probably take the 80 there, then the 70 back so I will be passing through Grand Junction on my return. Pm me your # & if I'm not running too late I can stop by for a break from what will be a long day of driving.

If I do decide to part it I'll let the 810 community know. I'll be selfish with a few things, put try to help people out.