Datsun 620 front side markers wont work

Hi all,

So I just about got my 620 buttoned up and ready to roll this summer, but im having an issue with my front sidemarkers. All my other lights work great. I took a voltmeter to the sidemarker bulb housings and I get nothing. So I disconnected the wires to the housing and measured the ones in the harness. Im getting between 0.02-0.25 volts as the turn signal relay clicks.

Also, are the ones on the side supposed to blink with the front turn signals or just burn solid? In any case, I got nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks all

MantisX

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The side markers should be on with the two head light switch positions.

The front and rear side markers come from the same place in the cab so if the backs work so should the fronts. Up under the dash in the pass side corner behind the glove box are several large connectors that join the dash harnesses to the engine room harnesses. Perhaps the connection is poor or corroded. Unplug and plug them in several times to clean the contact pins.

Unplug and plug them in several times to clean the contact pins.

^^^ worked for me ..fixed my tail/stop this way. Traced back from the rear and from the T/S switch and found those plugs..one was loose. Didn't have stop/turn on passenger side rear for over a month, lol..simple

Mantis

soemtime the hosing and the bulb is rotted in there.

I cut out the light part and JB weld a new bulb holder in there and then ground the one wire to the housing with MA flux as its hard to solder then install. Never rust out again.

If using athe stock meatal housing just put soem anti seize on the outer side the the bulb(the ground part) so in case years later you can get the bulb out. Mositure usually locks then in there