A different kind of "shift knob"

I was at Goodwill today and I noticed this old Beer dispenser handle.It has a real classic look to it and caught my eye I picked it up and looked at the thread and thought to myself this might fit the threads for a shift knob. So I decided to buy it,was only $5 and I thought ill give it a shot.and if it doesn't work out it was only $5 and it still looks cool..its made out of wood and It kinda looks like those tall glass shift knobs people are using...

I think if this works it will give a great new different look to the cars interior...It would be different and unique...

Anyone ever try this or know of someone who has tried it?

What do you guys think?

Oh also it is the same colors as my car Blue and White B)

Pics!

ipod004.jpg

ipod005.jpg

ipod007.jpg

Here is the Threads, This is phone quality right here :rofl:

ipod006.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few people have use tap handles for shifters before.... Ive always liked the look. And I dont think anyone will be able to tell anything from your picture showing the threads. Did you try to screw it on yet?

Have not tried yet, Car is in my dads garage at the moment. Plan on heading over there Thursday...

You'll probably need an adapter, I have a pile of tap handles and they are all the same thread, different than Datto. Bigger diameter and different thread pitch. :hmm:

Hopefully I have some oddball tap handle and it magically fits lol, I am not getting my hopes up though...I have other plans for it if this doesn't work out.

If its a ceramic one be careful i broke one on my buddies bronco grabbing third, cut the shit out of my hand too..

Its a wood one, But I guess that could break too with enough force...

I headed over to the car today and it is just barley to big of a thread :mad:. But I am going to get these spacers I found that might work...Other than that it looks good on the car...

just fill the hole with all metal and screw it onto your shifter while still pliable let dry and your done. had a hurst shifter done this way. lasted for years. was even able to take it off a few times and put it back on just by unscrewing it.

I'm just wondering if you made car noises when you it in your hand?

hell yeah I did :fu: :rofl:

I am more interested in the story behind your shoes on the counter next to the open jar of peanut butter?

Not too sure why those are there? :blink: :lol:

just fill the hole with all metal and screw it onto your shifter while still pliable let dry and your done. had a hurst shifter done this way. lasted for years. was even able to take it off a few times and put it back on just by unscrewing it.

I think im gonna go that route spacers were too much $$$