datsunfreak

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

no dont bother, too much fabrication hassle. they're just too different. the 71/2 is a straight angle steel w/a slight bend in it - the 73 is a 2 piece w/completely different bolt patterns. Find the 73 brackets & use those if you can on a 73 & vice versa, you'll be happier..........ask me how i know :blush:

I remember going down this road all too well, I wanted the cleaner looking brackets from the 72 but it was just too much fab work to make up a new one that fits a 73 car, I also didin't want to hack up a good set & the only ones I had from a 73 to test it out. In the end i threw the bumper on & now dont think about it. If you get it done post a pic - it'll look nice.

P1030201.jpg

I remember going down this road all too well, I wanted the cleaner looking brackets from the 72 but it was just too much fab work to make up a new one that fits a 73 car, I also didin't want to hack up a good set & the only ones I had from a 73 to test it out. In the end i threw the bumper on & now dont think about it. If you get it done post a pic - it'll look nice.

P1030201.jpg

EDP are those the cowl vent scoops you got from me? if so got any close ups :)