510 Crossmember LCA Pivots. Is this normal?

brodster

Pulling my 510 apart in the front to overhaul suspension, brakes, etc. I am no suspension expert, but it seemed unusual that the LCA pivots were at such different angles. Is this normal? Perhaps this is the way they set it from factory?

I don't remember any abnormal camber or tire wear, but that was over three years ago.

Thanks

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

those are after market they use to use those to adjust camber

And that explains why none of the drawings show those pieces.

Currently I am rebuilding everything. I am putting in camber caster plates and coilovers. Should I just pull those things off then?

Thirded'.

Remove those.

Akward way to adjust camber. This is 2012, and we all have camber plates, coilovers, adjustable control arms, adjustable T/C rods, and bumpsteer spacers galore.

It kind of reminds me of the offset control arm bushings... I would never run those on my dime, I would never trust them.

It kind of reminds me of the offset control arm bushings... I would never run those on my dime, I would never trust them.

haha that is what Mikey just pulled out of his car when I sold him a set of my LCA's

yeah you need new pins. i have a spare set that I could probably part with since you need them on crunch time.

if you are interested PM me, Im south of you just outside of vancouver