I had a Z31? Now S30?

-HOLY CRAP DIDNT MEAN TO MAKE IT THIS LONG-

Z31 Story- The z31 was the first z i had owned and was my first car i even owned ever. Before i even thought about getting into cars a friend hit me up to go "cruising", he had S13 hatch with an SR which then i didnt know wtf it was but it was pretty quick with the boltons he had. Two years later i was looking for my own car that i can use when i move to sacramento to goto UTI but didnt know exactly what i wanted at all ranging from any import since i never really was a domestic guy. Found a killer deal for an 86 300zx turbo and was right up alley, i went to go meet up with the guy the first time summer of 08 but he couldnt make it because his sister left the door cracked open and killed the battery overnight. He gave me a call back and let me know the car is ready to look at whenever, so we met up that night. Then things started getting hilarious because the owner was part of the same group as my s13 friend and actually been to a few meets i have, he also goes to the same school and knows a large batch of my friends. Being friendly he stayed legit and told me most what was wrong, headlight would magically turn on when the car was off and needed what was to believe a new alternator. Bought for 1100 i think and called it a day, problem was i only drove stick TWICE in my life. I literally learned how to drive stick on my own in that car even though getting stuck everywhere was embarassing. Fast forward after about a year and half to see the Z in pieces in my shared garage with roomates who went through and still own cars like Z32 TT, 2 AE86's, Ford 5.0, Z31T, and a magical 240 that showed up eventually so it was quite interesting sight if you'd pass by our house. I had got into a accident while back before that and qrt panel was rippled, the head developed a bad lifter tap which turned into a knock, and the suspension was gone. Ran into some money bought a motor,coilovers and serial 9 adapters what makes it funny my roomies 240z was in the garage aswell since the motor blew a headgasket and something else. I didnt think much of it but i kept getting pissed because the garage was already hoarded to hell so my swap was getting more difficult. Couple months down the road i got the suspension bits and motor in, just in time for my graduation. Drove the hell out of it for months until i had a rod bolt failure and shot clean out the block.

240z Storytime- During the downtime on the Z31 i was looking for trades because i was getting sick of the Z and got tired of relying on other ppl to get places. I then started looking for a 240z to trade for but couldnt get anyone one to bite, after my roomate caught me looking for trades. He hopped on the bandwagon and also started looking for a 240z to trade for his 5.0, i told him research,research,research, and stay away from rusted floor boards. He called me to come by his house and sure enough a black 240z was sitting in the front of his house but there was a catch, it was a piece of shit compared to the 5.0 by a longshot kinda like trading $100 for $20 with Floorboards rusted out, cut springs, shitty shaved door mechanisms, and doodoo paint i was kinda pissed off. The owner of the Z threw in a L28 and a few misc parts and even offered to throw money on top from his side and even admitted the Z wasnt worth the trade apparently but he still went on with it. A month later the head gave like nobodies business and limped it to sac where then it resided in sacramento with my Z31. Problem #1 was the L28 was in san francisco but ended up getting sac but didnt wanna swap it in unless he's going efi problem#2 didnt know if he wanted to swap engine or just the head and problem #3 no funds. So it sat until he got a hookup for a block and head for something like 200 bucks although the pistons need replacement, so swapping the head out seemed easy. Problem was it had e88 head with no spray bar and his current head had one but apparently he broke it off cus it didnt seemed to be needed. Got it running one night and headed back to the city where it only made it to davis area since it stopped running suddenly, got towed rest of the way home and sat again for months until i moved back since we lived together i SF aswell. Built up some steam to go help him out on the Z and popped open the valve cover to only see the cam towers all broken into pieces , and cam cracked (gear and front cam tower only thing holding it in), so we brought down the l28 from sac rhen found out the flywheel was bent and my friend decided to ditch the s30 completely and was trying to sell it for 2-2.5k, i couldnt stop laughing at the price. My z31 blew up and i had an idea to buy the s30, struck a deal and all i had to do was remove the one thousand dollar stereo system. It was quite funny to me though that he had the z nearly for a yearish and never had it running, it took me a week to get it running. I bought a l24 for 150 bucks and put it in that weekend, got it registered and insured that monday, driving it that tuesday legally although it was smoking like crazy since the were definately on there way out, i realized i had the car i dreamed of owning since i was 3 years old due to an old racing montage on a VHS my dad bought for me. Now that the piece of shit is mine and is much less a piece of shit then i realized how far its come and how much i matured.

There you go guys and thats how i got into the datsun game.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
lmao jalen, didja think I WOuLD tYPE LIKE dis MY nIGZ Cuz i getS It poppin wiT dAt candy Paint daytons On mY bUick Yoooo, hOP up I OUUTTT THE BEEEDDD TURN MY SWAAAGGG ONNNNN.

i__m_so_fresh_you_can_suck_my_nuts__by_kuro_sakura-d4g3piu.gif

to sacramento to goto UTI

I stopped reading right here :rofl: my palm was blocking my face