rear end question

betojr82

pardon my ignorance on the subject :sleep:

i have a 77 b210. . are there any other rear ends that fit my car? that would be like a upgrade to my car. i know there is, the real question i wanna ask is that if they are a direct bolt on or is there some welding and shortening required. i wanna upgrade the rear end but dont know where to start

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No bolt in that I'm aware of. What do you need to "upgrade" it for. Better gearing? Too much engine? The H150 you have is pretty sturdy behind most mild A-motors.

i want better gearing and it to be able to handle the massive power of a stock 13b :rofl: . . some people tell me to use a ford rear end others to use one off of a pathfinder.

• 3 weeks later...

'82-'83 S110 (200sx) has an H-190 with rear disc brakes. It is set for coil springs but anyone with a grinder and welder could add spring perches for the B-210 leaf springs.

this is what i'll be doing with my 76 b210. I've purchased the rear end already but it's been sitting for a while as the project is on hold. The one I picked ended up coming with a 3.5 ring gear. You can find out what gear it has on the plate that is usually located in the engine bay on the firewall.

The good thing about the 200SX H190 is the 620 truck centers are a direct swap. The 200SX used the bigger "truck" axle splines. 4.375:1 ratios are readily available and with a rotary you'll want something lower than a 3.54.

The stock ratio in a rotary pick-up was 4.87. Spun the bearings right out of that poor 289 V8 I stuff into one years ago.

• 1 month later...

Im also hunting for a rear end thatll handle a ka swap, Searched all around and havent been able to find any 200sx rear local to me. was gonna try and just fab up something but was thinking of the pathfinder rear as it coilspring, right? only thing I was wondering is what have people done to convert it back to 4 lug? is there a known easy way to do this?

thanks