2 half right brake lines on 520

Ofeargall

I ordered 3 new flex lines from Rock auto. 1 of them worked. The other two had wrong fittings. Wrong hose 'A' fits at the wheel cylinder end but not where the hard line threads in. Wrong hose 'B' works on the hard line but not the wheel cylinder.

So, what is the deal. The flex line needs a mildly finer thread at the female end.

Are the connections the same size with different thread pitch or are they actually different diameter? How can I be sure that I order the right line.

Funny thing though... All three bags had the same part number! Same thing on the invoice! Thanks Rock Auto.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Datsun 521 trucks use 3/8 - 24 flare nuts for all the brake and clutch lines. I would thing the 520 truck would be the same.

I understand that with 620 trucks, the flare nuts changed to M10 - 1.0 size.

That is the way they were 40 to 45 years ago. Who knows what was changes on your truck since then.

early datsun trucks are weird.

The way I look at it, Japan was trying to rebuild a country so they were like a lot of my redneck projects that pull from whatever resources I have available.

The J13 is basically a clone of the MG clone of a Mercedes engine... I don't think people were too keen on selling the Japanese any parts in the 60's and they didn't exactly have an abundance of factories to work with. It was a tough time for the average person in Japan. No disrespect intended towards our fathers who lost their lives at the hands of the Japanese emperor and his troops. It's just the people of Japan are different than the emperor of Japan... End of soap box.

early datsun trucks are weird. some stuff is SAE some metric by 620 I think they are metric Datzenmike,Datsunaholic know for sure my 521 to my 510 is different on certain things. wheels lugs is one of them. Hood bolts brake bleed hex sizes