71 510 Suspension Help

Vorsach

I need a new suspension, the previous owner cut the springs and everything is destroyed, I can't find the parts I need or newer compatible parts, I keep seeing posts for tokico, but I don't know what type, I need springs, shocks, struts...

Would appreciate any links, info, diagrams, list of all compatible parts I need to make a new front and rear suspension...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone cut your springs,,,,, they obviously weren't smart enough to shorten the struts or lower the spring perches

I don't see why you need new struts??? ... .... maybe new shocks and some stock springs for $25 ... .. if you ever want better brakes and a low 510..... 280zx struts/coilovers for ~$600

The right side is all coming apart, they're slightly rusted, and I'm not sure what to do...

The front says ground control, but they look really messed up...

Was this car driving???? ..... .... how was it over the last few bumps??? .... ... :lol:

Can you take a picture of the brake rotor / hub / spindle area so we can tell you what kind of struts/brakes you have???

This car must have been kinda LOW ..... how low do you want your 510 to be???? ..... you either need to shorten those struts alot or fix them similarly to shortening them without a lathe

Yeah, she's super low, way to low, and a pain when I hit a small bump, hit my head on the ceiling while on the freeway :P

Yeah, I'll have to take the pic in the morning, too dark and I need to buy a jack, but I'll do that first thing...

I don't want her super low, but definitely higher than now, I want her about 1.5-2 inches higher, approx...

And thank you, I appreciate all your help...

I picked up the car last Saturday, I've been trying not to drive it after I found out how bad it was, but there have been a couple instances where I've had to take it out, it drives ok and I haven't noticed any rattling though...

• 2 weeks later...

http://community.rat...page__hl__daves I'd be willing to work something out for the springs and struts from the yellow cars in the link + some stock springs for ya to play with. could also do the front shocks. So ya, whole suspension up for grabs. PM me if your interested. I'll be in Tenino WA in about a week to pick up another vehicle so I could meet ya there.

Theres some more pics of the stance rolling down the road on P.4 of the link