Intered my 510 in 14 hour Daytona Chump car race wish me luck

Race is May 27, over 100 cars entered,. I might change the current Mikuni side drafts to webber carb. I get penalized so much for the Mukinis. I have a BRE intake and twin Side draft 44s might sell them any one know the market price or close?? Any help would be great , thanks

B

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the rules for chump car and 24 hours of lemons and it seamed like chump car is real picky about any mods even if they were cheap. 24 hours of lemons rules look a little more forgiving but also leave more ways for your car to be destroyed. I would be worried about taking a decent 510 to either race to be honest. If you want a good price for your mikunis search on the classifieds here and eBay and Craigslist and see what other people are asking for em. If your still not sure then start high and say OBO. ;)

I read the rules for chump car and 24 hours of lemons and it seamed like chump car is real picky about any mods even if they were cheap. 24 hours of lemons rules look a little more forgiving but also leave more ways for your car to be destroyed. I would be worried about taking a decent 510 to either race to be honest. If you want a good price for your mikunis search on the classifieds here and eBay and Craigslist and see what other people are asking for em. If your still not sure then start high and say OBO. ;)

Actually, I run LeMons.... Chump Car is A LOT more derby than racing... LeMons is extremely organized & more of gentlesmans racing... Lots of different skill levels and various car classes.

LeMons staff enforce the rules,.. and they will punish bad drivers with bizarre penalities... Keeps it fun, and helps maintain order...

LeMons got rid of the People's Curse penalty years ago.... (The People's Curse was where other teams could vote for a car they felt was unfair,... and the car with the most votes would be destroyed) - Cars are no longer destroyed unless your team just sucks at driving and/or wrenching....

Lots of LeMons videos on YouTube: Here's our Mercedes 560SEL from Texas World Speedway 2/12/12 -

Here is a link to my pics from our LeMons race at Infineon Raceway eariler this month -

video -

Next LeMons race will be a true 24HR event at Eagles Canyon in Texas - http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/

I'm currently building a B210 to compete in LeMons in 2013

I'm glad someone who knows what they are talking about clarified what I said. I was just looking at the rules. We have a new track in Shelton WA and they have a 24 hours of lemons race scheduled for July. I'm going to go check it out, looks like tons of fun.

If you wanna get your feet wet without risking your ride... then check the LeMons forum for races in your area (Human Resources Section)... Find a team that has raced LeMons before.... Most teams are always looking for additional drivers during these events in order to help cover cost and help out in the pits... Some racing experience may be required depending on the team.... I joined up with a team that needed drivers last year and now I am hooked,,. great events, awesome rides, a lot of WTF moments,.. and a great group of people who just enjoy cars & racing on the cheap... most teams want atleast $300-$500 to join them for the weekend... This cost covers car rental/usage/abuse, parts, sometimes fuel is extra... Not bad considering you are racing someone else's car over 2 days... just make sure you invest in good safety gear 1st.... and read the rules!!!