Ka Bellhousing blockoff plate

VintageRice

Ok, When I bolted my Ka trans to my motor(sohc) i thought that the bottom of the flywheel/clutch area that was open just had a blockoff plate there that I was missing and could put it on later..

Now, after looking at some pictures, I see that maybe it was supposed to go BETWEEN the motor and trans.

Am I screwed not having it there?? I do I need to get one and pull the tans out and bolt it in. This REALLY sucks if so cause the motor and trans are already in without this mysterious plate.

Anyone have a pic of one? Datzenmike ? ? ??

Heres all I could find but its for a automatic ka24de. I have a Manual Ka24e.

1998-Nissan-240SX-S14-SE-Automatic-KA24DE-Engine-Cylinder-Block-Oil-Pan-Exploded-Diagram.png

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup needs to be there. It actually is mounted behind the flywheel, goes on first. The transmission is going to be that spacer thickness closer to the engine and may affect the clutch action. Starter to starter ring should be unaffected. It will likely run and work but you don't want water and mud splashed in there anyway. What about a stone thrown up by a wheel getting in there? Better get it right.

SONOFA!!

Arggggg........

Ok, where can I get one.......Another part I need to track down used??

U know the hardest parts I've had to find is the little stuff no one ever cares about.

Thanks Mike. Thats what I was afraid of.