Bayonet Pigtail Socket Receptacle

WishDRFTR

So at http://autolumination.com/connectors.htm I was able to find a new "bayonet" style socket for light bulbs that look like they'll fit the Tail Light "socket" on my Datsun 210. Only this is... I cant figure out how I would possibly remove the metal "contact" portion of the bulb socket form its plastic housing... Anyone ever done something like this? I really need brake lights lol

As you can see here one of my contacts is super fried and doesn't touch the bulb O.o

344pn48.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be able to push it out from the rear end, from were the cables come out. A little bit angled and push it out. That is how I did with the ones I changed.

So literally just push? lol with something like a pocket screw driver?

This is a side marker light taken apart.

SocketGuts.jpg

The little washer beyond the end of the wire is just a brass washer, and it is soldered to the wire. the top of the solder blob contacts the bulb connection. After pushing your wires out, you may be able to just put a new solder blob the wire, in your socket.

I just re-wired the whole break light assembly for my '80 210 (b310 series) because of a messed up socket. they have the correct socket at your local parts store or they can get it in easily. i dunno if you wanted to put different style sockets in on purpose... but they should be just a couple bucks. good luck to you though.

I just re-wired the whole break light assembly for my '80 210 (b310 series) because of a messed up socket. they have the correct socket at your local parts store or they can get it in easily. i dunno if you wanted to put different style sockets in on purpose... but they should be just a couple bucks. good luck to you though.

Oh really? Thats what I'd love to do! Do you have a part number handy? Because no one had a listing for the socket. Also what store did you go to?

I will have to check my receipt when i get home, im pretty sure it was nappa... if you take in one of the old ones to the old dudes at the counter (the ones that look like they know what they are doing), you should be able to obtain what you need... part # or the part its self, if you need to get it done soon. otherwise, i can grab the info for you when i make it home tonight.

I will have to check my receipt when i get home, im pretty sure it was nappa... if you take in one of the old ones to the old dudes at the counter (the ones that look like they know what they are doing), you should be able to obtain what you need... part # or the part its self, if you need to get it done soon. otherwise, i can grab the info for you when i make it home tonight.

I'm in no rush, I've got two other daily's. I just wanna make my 210 my third daily :D If you could get that P/N I would be extremely grateful!

the turn indicator and reverse lights have only two wires and have only two stages (on and off). the brake lights have three wires and have three stages (single filament, double, and off). this is so when you have the running lights on and the brake lights are already on, pressing the brake will make them get brighter. the turn indicator and reverse light sockets are the same (part number LS6255), the brake light socket with three wires is LS6253. They were available at Nappa and shouldnt be more than a couple bucks. I called my gf on my lunch and got her to look it up the receipt for me... put a thanks on her profile feed if you have the time... Mimzey07 (she has like no posts).

• Like 2

the turn indicator and reverse lights have only two wires and have only two stages (on and off). the brake lights have three wires and have three stages (single filament, double, and off). this is so when you have the running lights on and the brake lights are already on, pressing the brake will make them get brighter. the turn indicator and reverse light sockets are the same (part number LS6255), the brake light socket with three wires is LS6253. They were available at Nappa and shouldnt be more than a couple bucks. I called my gf on my lunch and got her to look it up the receipt for me... put a thanks on her profile feed if you have the time... Mimzey07 (she has like no posts).

Huge thanks broskie!!! and will do!!!

no problem, glad i can help instead of just getting help :P

haha! I totally know the feeling!! I'm so used to helping new techs at my shop get a flow of things, but when it comes to these "old school" cars I'm totally clueless!