Siqx's 4x4 brat project

yeah for sure. Im gonna fab up a 4" body lift for mine. already picking up metal for it. it will prolly be one of the first things i do after fixing the headgasket and getting it up and running again. its gonna be my little trail beater. should be fun stuff. I got left over 6 luggers so im definatly gonna convert and stuff some 29" tires under it. shouldnt have to cut up the fenders with the lift. we will see tho. I might make a few extra kits and sell them on usmb. I see ppl make and sell them for 1st gens but they are asking like over 300 bux. thats nuts to me. it costs like 50 bux in material at max. and once u have the first set made u just make a template. that should help fund the project itself. idk know tho. depends if there is ppl interested in buying.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

super productive day. got the engine pulled, ordered a new head gasket kit, pulled the seats, carpet, and door panels. cleaned and vacuumed everything. going to see abut getting the driver seat reupholstered. found out the brat has what i think a custom carpet kit. it has like snaps that hold it down to the floor so its a breeze to remove and clean. wiped down all the door panels and dash. removed all the excess wiring that was left behind from the previous stereo install. I can now sit in it and not feel like im going to get eaten by spiders or contract aids. yay!

found out why the car has so many issues. there are gremlins undermining me lol. these are hand painted on each fender. kinda cool.

2012-04-01_17-14-59_10.jpg

2012-04-01_17-15-15_640.jpg

the seat on the left is cleaned. was about to clean the driver figured i would snap a before and after

2012-04-02_15-32-56_610.jpg

clean carpet, before shot of the panels, then after shots

2012-04-02_15-33-04_648.jpg

2012-04-02_16-55-42_717.jpg

2012-04-02_16-55-37_320.jpg

2012-04-02_16-55-52_976.jpg

and a sticker thats on the rear slider. Im gonna leave it :)

2012-04-02_16-56-22_472.jpg

in the end it was only 125 actually :D new gaskets come into tomorrow. hopefully have the motor back in on wendsday. then on to the electrical issues. should be back on the road by the end of the week. aside from the lack of windshield lol. I will find one tho.

that thing is pretty cool. I think it would look better being lifted. the whole 4x4 thing and all lol. but to each their own. Mine is getting a 4 inch lift once i have the mechanical issues squared away i will fab up the lift.

okay so i got the timing pretty squared away and its idling about where it should. quick vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rpxU030KNk&feature=youtu.be

here is a shot of the wheels i will be running. I still have to drill out the hubs to fit a 6 lug. once that happens these will get some tires and go on.

2012-04-13_10-06-21_86.jpg

Also i found out why i have no exterior lighting....

2012-04-13_11-00-32_337.jpg

I hate wiring shit... I will have to find out why these melted down and fix it. OR just run all new wiring.

Also on the bottom of the fuse panal is says "light switch" wtf is it talking about??

2012-04-13_13-06-13_32.jpg

other things i did today: removed the ignition switch and rewired it so it can go back to using a key instead of the janky switch and button that it had when i bought it. managed to break my combination switch i think cause my blinkers dont work anymore and they worked before i removed the switch *sigh*

SO i got all the electrical gremlins sorted out :D I now have full lighting inside and outside. replaced the old crusty fusible links with some nice new blade style ones and cleaned my fuse box and replaced with all new fuses. eliminated the janky push start ignition so i can get a keyed ignition back in there. one step closer every day. I wish bagging my datsun went this progressively and effective. o well... I actually care how the datsun turns out haha

oh! and thanks to boaty for coming over and helping me with the wiring stuff! I get so frustrated on that shit i cant focus on what im actually trying to do. so its nice to have a second opinion and a second set of hands!

• Like 1

So i started building my roll bar today. so far so good. also rewired my light bar and threw it on there to mock up mounts on the new bar. lemme know what you guys thing. It runs 6 lights up front, 3 in the rear, and one on each side. I need to "restore" the plastic a little as it has kinda fogged up over the years. all with time tho.

2012-04-16_19-32-05_188.jpg

2012-04-16_19-32-12_811.jpg

2012-04-16_19-31-40_221.jpg