Need L20b Piston

I decided to keep my L20b out of my 77 Datsun 620, so I swapped a L18 in the 77 and then didnt sell it. Anyways The L20b had a broke valve guide, so I took it apart and sent the head to napa. Turns out it had two broken valve guides and needed resurfaces. This is the 2nd resurface on this head in less than 6000 miles. Well I was stoked about getting the motor back together to swap the tired L16 out of my 73 620. Now I'm bummed because after a daylight inspection of the L20b I realized one of the pistons is damaged. Just my luck...

I'm going to try to fix it by putting another piston in the motor, probably reuse the bearings if they are good. I'm looking for a free or dirt cheap oem used L20b piston.

IMG_1220.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a shopping bag full of them in the shop. I was going to recycle them, so you can have as many as you want if you want. Just pay shipping. PM me you addy. It will be Monday before I get to it though.

I have a shopping bag full of them in the shop. I was going to recycle them, so you can have as many as you want if you want. Just pay shipping. PM me you addy. It will be Monday before I get to it though.

How many do you have? I might try to get 5 just in case I decide to bore a L16 or something. Just let me know how much shipping would be.

How many do you have? I might try to get 5 just in case I decide to bore a L16 or something. Just let me know how much shipping would be.

I think there is eight of them. Four of them had a pretty hard time pressing the wrist pins out, so there is a small flat on them. I wasn't very carefull, because i never thought they would see use again.

You might want to look at the cylinder to see if it's usable. I will take a look at them and see if I can give you a size from one of them.

Forget the over bored L16. Fitted with L20B pistons the huge dish would drop the compression to 7.7 even with a closed chamber head.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.