The Dutchman has been lowered!

Bronzehydra

So I was pretty sick this past week and couldn't go to school. So you know what I did instead? Installed new shocks and lowering springs!

I had Eibach progressive lowering springs, the blue Tokico gas shocks in the front, and KYB shocks in the back.

Before: Note the wheel gap!!! It was easily 4"

403235_3024031285595_1407144360_3189779_363083587_n.jpg

After: Reasonably low!

421020_3443893981900_1407144360_3345424_1251688738_n.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

They're the ones available on theZstore.com, they're black haha. The box says Excel-G

But here's the story behind it:

So a few years ago we bought a wrecked 240z as a parts car, and the guy who owned it previously spent some money on suspension work and what not. All we knew is that it was lower than my car. So maybe a month ago my friend and I decided to get the springs and shocks off the parts car. We begin to cut away at all the wreckage and find out it had the Eibach springs, and the front had the Tokicos. So i was pumped to get the back ones. We work our way to the back, and as we start to get everything apart we notice that the shocks were super corroded and wouldn't come out. So after using a ton of penetrating oil and pure manly strength we free it from the strut tube. It was all old and decrepit, but it worked. So we go to the other side, and start doing the same thing, but this one was completely rusted in; like it had become part of the strut tube. At this point i just had too much energy thinking about having a lowered car, so i took a hack saw and thought i could slowly saw my way around the strut tube to free it............ then my dumbass cut right into the damn thing -_____- the worst part was we cleaned up the one we did get out and found out it was a Koni adjustable shock. So instead we bought the KYB's because they're cheap haha

BUT: I feel so cool sliiighty scraping when i crawl over speed bumps now B) :rofl:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...