Swap question

PandaStar

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping it's a Z24 but likely a 240Z car L24 motor.

L24s are two cylinders too long for a 510 and the firewall must be cut and the heater taken out. Plus lots of extra weight over the front end upsetting the handling. The stock 4 speed will bolt up but won't survive. It's been done but very little room for error. There are one or two ways to do this and an infinite number of ways to fuck it up. Car ends up unfinished and cut up, no one wants it and it ends up parted out and scrapped. A sad end and a preventable waste. There are 4 cylinders that are the same weight or less that make more power.

Z24s should fit alright with the truck motor mount angle plates, longer throttle cable (not linkage) carb is on the right side with this motor. Exhaust pipe must be joined. Need a car Z22 oil pan. You will need the Z24 transmission with it or from the S110 car and shorten the driveshaft and mod the mount. The Z24 has 30% more torque so this would be a fun motor around town.

1330823238[/url]' post='647323']

What 2.4?

Neon 2.4?

Maybe 22R-E?

Maybe an L24, for the super-somethings?

KA?

Sorry after coming back to this I realized I was way vague there. It's a ka I can pick it up for 75 dollars the complete engine but no tranny. It has noisy timing chain but still runs.

Saying "KA" is still vague.

KA from what?

240sx or truck KA?

SOHC or DOHC?

There are plenty of 620 KA swaps documented here.

Redeye even sells mounts for this exact application.

the old man I talked to said it was from a 95 nissan car he didn't say which car..

I am pretty sure that it is a DOHC engine from what he said ( his words were that this is the engine all the drifters use). I haven't had a chance to see it but I also have a very small window of decision as he is going to scrap it if I don't let him know I really want it by Wednesday.

Sorry after coming back to this I realized I was way vague there. It's a ka I can pick it up for 75 dollars the complete engine but no tranny. It has noisy timing chain but still runs.

i would say for $75, get it...and if all fails you can scrap it. and not lose much $

A 95 Altima had a KA24DE.

So did a 240sx.

But you only want to use one of the above mentioned engines.

Hint-it's not the Altima's.

I am going to play the part of the noob here (and I do it well) why would the Altima KA be bad? I am going to call him tomorrow and get which car it came out of and find out if he has a way to load it on my trailer I have...

Great news the ka is out of a truck it was his pastors truck and they removed it because of the noise and he had a lower mileage engine to put in(guy runs a garage/machine shop) he is sell out of everything as he recently had a stroke and isn't as strong as he use to be..I feel for him, I don't know what I would do if I couldn't wrench anymore...

I think 75 for a truck KA that still runs and has some chain noise is a dam great deal right? I'm going to get it Saturday unless someone more knowledgeable than me can say why this would be a bad idea? (i'm use to v8's in big musclely cars lol).

I am doing a full resto/beef up of this truck I have all the time in the world but not all the money so I am going to swap meet and Craigslist everything I can get except gaskets hehe. Another question which will yield more power with less expense turbo or those great looking side-draft carb setups I see around?

I was going to post a new thread, but I'll jump in here instead...if you don't mind Panda

Of course I want RWD KA24...but is it worth the trouble (I'm having) to find the DOHC vs the SOHC. As long as it's RWD...would you guys think settling to a SOHC is ok?

This is going to be a highway car...not exactly Speed Racer, although I live in NW GA (CURVES EVERYWHERE)..

Also, I've found a few KA24DE RWD out of hardbodys...but they are auto. For a daily driver, would going to auto be a really bad thing? (mind you, I already have an auto, so no clutch pedal/MC yet)

I can always go to 5speed later right?? (It's nearly impossible to find complete KA24 trans down here)

I was going to post a new thread, but I'll jump in here instead...if you don't mind Panda

Of course I want RWD KA24...but is it worth the trouble (I'm having) to find the DOHC vs the SOHC. As long as it's RWD...would you guys think settling to a SOHC is ok?

This is going to be a highway car...not exactly Speed Racer, although I live in NW GA (CURVES EVERYWHERE)..

Also, I've found a few KA24DE RWD out of hardbodys...but they are auto. For a daily driver, would going to auto be a really bad thing? (mind you, I already have an auto, so no clutch pedal/MC yet)

I can always go to 5speed later right?? (It's nearly impossible to find complete KA24 trans down here)

I have found atleast 2 complete 5 speeds for 100 to 200 dollars up here but each time they were gone before I got to them :(

Just cause its 75$ doesnt mean to ruin your 620 after you cant get it running in a few months looking for parts,ECU high flow fuel pump ,nice 400$clutch ect.......

loose inteerst then truck is for sale for scrap.

I definately want to do the right thing. I really want to make this into a great ride when it is finished and I want to do it justice as it has sat way too long in those weeds. I have been iching for a good project for a long time and I will not walk away from this till it drives out of my garage under it's own power :)

Is it a dual cam KA or single....

For $75, get it. Don't balk. Get it quick.

You're still going to have to source parts no matter what engine it is.

I'd say score.

Good work.

Yea like I said I am doing this the super budget route going to pick up the parts as I see them on the cheap..

not balking going to get it Saturday I didn't ask about the cam setup but like you said $75 get it quick :)

I will post up which cam setup when I get back with it.