Need a little help guys

Hey there Ratsun guys,

I didn't know where to start this topic up simply because I don't exactly know what the main problem is.

Yesterday I was pulling out of my driveway and I heard a light clunk sound and my driver side back wheel locked up.

This morning I fired up the datto and it moved fine for about 10 feet, and then the same clunk happened and it locked again. Same wheel.

The passenger side back wheel moves with ease.

I was reading around and something caught my eye making me think It might have to do with the drum brakes in the back or a collapsed brake line.

Anyone ever heard of this? Any ideas would be great. I'm gonna put her up on some jack stands later today if I still have sunlight.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet your brakes fell apart, or shoes got put on backwards?

your gonna have to pull it apart and inspect it.

Shoes on backwards? Wouldn't that happen almost right away if they were on backwards?

Ill just jack it up and take off the wheels in the back. I'll let you guys know what I find after I get that butt in the air.

Shoes on backwards? Wouldn't that happen almost right away if they were on backwards?

Ill just jack it up and take off the wheels in the back. I'll let you guys know what I find after I get that butt in the air.

Lol

yeah should be pretty instant i thought. I didn't remember if you mentioned anything about just doing them or not when i was posting that up. my bad!

^^^This^^^

Or you blew up the diff, burnout much?

This particular goon doesn't like to burnout too much. But If I did blow the diff, Wouldn't it lock up both wheels in the back?

Lol

yeah should be pretty instant i thought. I didn't remember if you mentioned anything about just doing them or not when i was posting that up. my bad!

Yeah, I haven't changed the brakes since I got ahold if this goon back in oct 2011. Everything has been fine since then.

I'm gonna get under there and pull apart that drum brake in a few hours after work.