Ford 8.8 Build

nis720

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using the 8 inch toyota rear out of the early model hilux's, forget the length axle to axle..do you have any pics of the mounted rear with tires on?

Wanting to narrow this one too just need to do it i guess!

Right now i finished making my undr bed fuel cell and clearing room for future ladder bar or 4 link suspension..want to put bigger slicks and rim combo!

would like a 10 inch wide slick if possible..dont know if it'll go in there though...

More pics please...like your fab work too!! keep it up!!!

Nah, my question was for Nis720. Why swap an 8.8 unless you need the strength? You can get disk brakes and LSD for the H190.

My motor is not stock anymore. I managed to shred some spider gears on my H190 and recently broke the tranny. I went with the 8.8 to meet my future power needs, convert to 5 lug, LSD and gearing options. I had no luck finding a LSD for the H190.

Nis... where did you find the rear end? I want the explorer one. Ready to do another swap =) well in a few months.

I was able to find a bare mustang housing for cheap... which is why all the other components starting bringing the price up. First you need to determine what your final WMS to WMS has to be so you can know how much you need to shorten it.

• 4 weeks later...