CUTTING UP A 510 SHELL FOR PARTS!!

I've got a 69 510 2 door shell that I am cutting up for parts. It was a Colorado car, so it's got some really nice solid panels! The roof was full of rust pin holes cuz it had a vinyl top, the right rear 1/4 panel had been damaged years ago, and repaired much lower than my tolerance level, and the left rear 1/4 panel had been heavily "scuffed" and bondo'd at the wheel arch. I could not sell the car in good conscience, so I stripped it down for parts. I am willing to cut out "odd parts" (just sold an inner rear 1/4 panel, and right lower A-pillar/door hinge panel), but here's what I think is very usable, with little-to-no rust. Everything is PLUS SHIPPING.............

• FRONT floor pans, with approx 1-2 inches "up vertically" around the edges $75 each............SOLD
  • REAR floor pans, with approx 1-2 inches "up vertically" around the edges $50 each.............SOLD
  • rear seat pan $50 ................SOLD
  • rear trunk pan/spare tire well $100
  • trans tunnel top section, so you can "move" the stock shifter hole for a 5 speed, $40
  • front UPPER inner fender rails, "box section" $150 each..........LEFT side SOLD
  • front LOWER main frame rails $100 each
  • rear tail lamp panel, some light dents, some rust in lower outer corners, fair lower valence $100
  • B-pillars for your 2 door Wagon project WITH SHEETMETAL back to the wheel wells $150 each

Let me know!

69cuttingup1.jpg

69floorpan1.jpg

69floorpan2.jpg

IM006887-1.jpg

IM006888-1.jpg

IM006889.jpg

IM006890.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gypsy punk, by ".....front end......" Do you mean the radiator core support panel, across the front? It is usable/repairable, but only in fair condition. It wasn't "hit", but it has been "nudged" a l'il,, maybe a parking lot bump or ??, so it is wavy lower down, on both sides of the radiator opening, and just below. Put it this way, the main lower frame rails are excellent, and the cross rail at the bottom backside of the core support is excellent, so the car wasn't "hit".

frontclip1.jpg

frontclip2.jpg

frontclip3.jpg

frontclip4.jpg

frontclip5.jpg

Front inner fender wells are also straight, but I just cut the right side upper fender rail off in a "box section" (still available, just needed to extract the right lower A-pillar for another forum member!), so the upper area of the inner fender well went with it. All these panels will be saved to sell, but I needed the room, so the shell is gettin' cut up!

gypsy punk, by ".....front end......" Do you mean the radiator core support panel, across the front? It is usable/repairable, but only in fair condition. It wasn't "hit", but it has been "nudged" a l'il,, maybe a parking lot bump or ??, so it is wavy lower down, on both sides of the radiator opening, and just below. Put it this way, the main lower frame rails are excellent, and the cross rail at the bottom backside of the core support is excellent, so the car wasn't "hit".

frontclip1.jpg

frontclip2.jpg

frontclip3.jpg

frontclip4.jpg

frontclip5.jpg

Front inner fender wells are also straight, but I just cut the right side upper fender rail off in a "box section" (still available, just needed to extract the right lower A-pillar for another forum member!), so the upper area of the inner fender well went with it. All these panels will be saved to sell, but I needed the room, so the shell is gettin' cut up!

how much?? and shipping.. not sure how easy that would be

I'm getting LOTS of PM's, but not from you two guys, and I just double checked my "personal conversation" (PM) log.

gypsy punk I will PM you this afternoon, with some questions.

new5ndime I've got another member that I am working with on ONE of the tail lamp panels, so I will PM you this afternoon, with some questions regarding the SECOND panel that I have available.

davydavidoff if you are asking for the rear section of the rocker panels, ahead of the rear wheels, they are rusty. That's a tough one, cuz most are rusty! Somebody on the510realm OR here on Ratsun made some outer rocker panels in limited quantity last year & sold them, but I can't find any info on who that was...............never heard any feedback about fitment either.

I have PM'd both of you guys, so let me know!

I'm not sure why PM's aren't coming thru. When I initiate a PM like this, I can go back & forth all day with the other guy! Anybody have any suggestions as to why some are having trouble PM'ing me?? Where's fisch.............he knows everything! :D

I try to check this listing every day, so if anybody has any questions, I will respond!!

The upper inner fender rails are now cut out of the shell. BOTH rails were cut out as a "box section", which includes the channel where the hood release cable passes thru on the left side. BOTH rails have a couple of broken upper fender screws. BOTH rails are straight with no rot. The LEFT side still has the upper corner......bottom of the upper A-pillar, windshield lower corner, hood hinge mount etc etc. The RIGHT side was carefully seperated by drilling out the spot welds, as I sold the lower A-pillar.

$150 each + shipping..............LEFT side SOLD.

frontupperrails1.jpg

frontupperrails2.jpg

I am happy to say that parts from THIS shell, are going towards at least 3 repair/restorations at his point, and I hope 6-8 different projects in the end! Years ago, I sold off a classic Mini, rusty ol' shell (resto, I bought a brand new body shell), and the guy that bought it, later told me that "parts" from that ol' nasty shell went to 9 other Mini restoration projects!! I really get a kick out of it!!!!! :P

69cuttingup3.jpg

69cuttingup4.jpg

Floor pans coming off.................

69cuttingup5.jpg

Please post HERE, and I'll PM you, cuz that is working out great! I'll work on the "full" PM in box...........

hang_510 PM sent!!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Interested, shipping to 13669 NY?

Thanks

Fritz

The upper inner fender rails are now cut out of the shell. BOTH rails were cut out as a "box section", which includes the channel where the hood release cable passes thru on the left side. BOTH rails have a couple of broken upper fender screws. BOTH rails are straight with no rot. The LEFT side still has the upper corner......bottom of the upper A-pillar, windshield lower corner, hood hinge mount etc etc. The RIGHT side was carefully seperated by drilling out the spot welds, as I sold the lower A-pillar.

$150 each + shipping.

frontupperrails1.jpg

frontupperrails2.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.