Am I right??

K Appley

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I right in thinking that the only difference between a A14 and an A15 is the crank , pistons , and oil pan???

If so does any one have a regrindable A15 crank they would be willing to part with??

Kurt.

A14 & A15 differ by the crank and pistons (rods are the same 133mm c to c). I don't know about the pan, other than it may be chassis related making them different.

I have a couple A15 cranks I would parts with. One has been more or less knife egded. These came from the late Dan Hall's machine shop in Portland.

Drop me a note.

Huh?? Ggzilla I figured on using one of a couple of the later A14 blocks I have with a A15 crank and overbored 2.5 or 3mm as per your discussion "a good a" a while back. Flat tops with the 72 head milled a little if necessary. ( Have to make measurements and calculations to see what I would come up with for CR). What offset boring is required and why???

Kurt.

Sorry, I should have been more detailed. I meant if you are going to maching the crankshaft, then have it offset ground (stroke it) to pick up 50 more ccs.

But if you have a good A15 crank then I wouldn't have it machined. Just fit it in the block and measure the bearing clearance with plastiguage.

A14 & A15 differ by the crank and pistons (rods are the same 133mm c to c). I don't know about the pan, other than it may be chassis related making them different.

I have a couple A15 cranks I would parts with. One has been more or less knife egded. These came from the late Dan Hall's machine shop in Portland.

Drop me a note.