Are 4 speeds worth anything?

Just wondering as I seem to have around four of them kicking around, both long and short versions. It seems that everyone is (quite understandably) upgrading to five speeds. If there is no market for them, I'm thinking rattle-gunning them apart for aluminum and high carbon scrap is the best course of action, seeing that I don't have a tall building to huck them off of like Letterman.

Any thoughts? Obsolete relics or viable contenders in the parts game?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hainz had three he didn't want, so he threw them in a pile on his front lawn so people could help then selves to them.

When he came home there were four.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's true I swear!

I have one sitting on my floor form the 5 spd swap in my 521. It depends on who you are, and what there used for. I know for a fact some guys will spend money on them for racing applications. Others may spend money on them to keep there truck going and others may just junk them...its worth a shot but don't expect allot of cash.....not even a 100 bucks.

Before you scrap them put a post in the for sale section saying free...just in case someone needs one.

I dont really mind the 4 speeds.I rarely go over 65 in the 521 though.They are worth keeping around to help someone who needs a quick cheap fix when theirs dies.....:rolleyes:

I do however like the dogleg in my 620 better.Never had to swap that one out compared to being on my 4th 4 speed in my 521.