Utah and Salt Lake area Datun and Nostalgics thread. Start here!

greengoon

Datsuns and Japanese Nostalgics are getting more and more popular here in Utah so I thought I would consolidate some of the past Utah and SLC based threads and info into one central location so that newbies, locals and visitors will have a place to start. Here's where to find local events, meets Salt Lake area Ratsuners and general news in the area. Utah area Ratsuners post up and say hi. :poke:

Let's start with the world famous JDM Legends. As you probably know Eric and crew are based in Salt Lake. They show up at meets and should be having an open house at their new location soon. Details to follow.

We had a really great event last August where over 40 cars showed up and blew us all away. Here's a link to the J-tin show with oics. We are going to start planning this years event shortly.

This last October we had the Car-B-Q at Energy Solutions Arena. Mainly a newer import show but there was plenty of J-tin in attendance to show the crowd how its really done. :D

General meet up threads have included: Salt Lake People! and Utah Ratsun check in. There are some other Utah threads scattered here and there. Feel free to add them. This is all I can think of at the moment.

One more non-ratsun resource that I would like to point out is the salt city tinners thread on Japanese Nostalgic Car. This is a good resource for non Datsun enthusiasts. Any events and meets will be posted on Ratsun but its good to be able to reach everyone.

• Like 1
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like we are going to have a little meet on Saturday Feb. 18th at 11am at the Starbucks parking lot 5600 S. and Redwood, Taylorsville, AKA the current Cars and Coffee location. If the weather stays good like it has been lately. :unsure:

We will begin planning for the big Nostalgic meet in April. Bring your ideas on how we can make the next meet top the 40+ cars we had last August.

Just found out that JDM Ledgend's shop has moved to within 2 miles of my house. I'm so stoked! Here's their latest blog. Eric also confirmed that he and Ryan will be at our little planning meet on Feb 18th.

JDM Legends

(801) 685-7900

5662 S. 300 W.

Murray,UT

Finally got some time and stopped by JDM Legends' new shop today. So cool. I will be stopping by more often since they are practically in my back yard. Eric and Ryan are excited about participating in all the local meets including:

The UVU Auto Expo is Saturday May 19th this year at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. This is a pretty diverse show and could be a great way to show off a bunch of Nostalgics. It's $20 for the first car and $10 for additional cars and there are T shirts involved. Proceeds go to their automotive scholarships. I'm planning to bring both my Nostalgics to this one. JDM Legends is planning to be there and it would be cool to have a mass roll in and park together.

http://www.uvu.edu/autoexpo/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got my 5 speed in my goon and Steve has his truck dialed in. We are planning to head to Vegas tomorrow morning. Anyone in for a last minute caravan to the BRE open house on Saturday? (see above) We will be stopping at the Vegas Cars and Coffee too.

Very cool pictures. I hope to see you all at the Multi-State Datsun Classic this year in Williams Arizona. Last year we had 50 Datsun from 6 states show up. A few from Utah and Colorado. This year is going to be better now that our first meet is behind us. Keep an eye out, more information will be coming in the next moth or so.

Click here to view picture from last year's Multi-State Datsun Classic

Amerikilla, if you are asking when is the Datsun Classic going to happen?

The Multi-State Datsun Classic will be taking place in Williams Arizona. The Show itself will be Saturday October 6, 2012 with a possible meet & greet on Friday night the 5th and possibly a couple of choices in Sunday morning Fun Runs. More information will be posted at www.nostalgicdatsun.com as details begin to unfold. You shoul dbe abe to start looking for details bout the first of June.

Amerikilla, if you are asking when is the Datsun Classic going to happen?

The Multi-State Datsun Classic will be taking place in Williams Arizona. The Show itself will be Saturday October 6, 2012 with a possible meet & greet on Friday night the 5th and possibly a couple of choices in Sunday morning Fun Runs. More information will be posted at www.nostalgicdatsun.com as details begin to unfold. You shoul dbe abe to start looking for details bout the first of June.

I wasn't. I want to know when the next J-Tin meet in SLC is going to happen.

I was a little caught up in the Vegas road trip to BRE so I haven't updated what's new.

We are still planning the big meet in August again. We would have that one yearly exclusive event and then show up as a group at certain already organized cruise nights or car shows the rest of the time. Going to these other shows throughout the summer will spread the word and add to our big event. We could even advertise on flyers and on our cars. We need to decide on a date and a venue for the August show.

I am planning to go to the UVU show on Saturday May 19th and it would be cool if several of us cruised together to Thanksgiving Point for the show. JDM Legends is talking about representing at this show. This is an all day show with an entry fee but I think it could be one of the most diverse and better large shows around.

http://www.uvu.edu/autoexpo/

No news so far on a JDM Legends open house date. Eric has been pretty busy prepping and selling cars.

The free "cruise nights" around the valley and up north happen nearly every week from April to October. Usually 3 hours in the evening during the week at a given location. They tend to be classic American so it would be cool to have several J-tinners show up and show the regulars something new. Last May, the one in Jordan Landing had over 150 cars. The venue and the space is there, all we have to do is show up. They are always held around places to eat. We could just choose a few and plan to all show up. Nice and easy. Here's a list of the cruise nights and shows for the year:

http://thanks2frank....tes%202009.html

My choice for the first meet is Wed. May 2nd at Jordan Landing but I would go to a different one if it were chosen.

• 2 weeks later...

I am planning to attend the May 2nd cruise night at Jordan Landing. Also, there are a few people heading to Cars and Coffee on 106th South Beans and Brews this Saturday morning.

There is a rumor of the JDM Legends open house to be held on Saturday May 26th. More details as they come in.

Whats the red car parked next to the silver evo? Also,, somebody actually has a box skyline in SLC?!

Oh and by the way. If theres anybody coming near Grand junction to the April or may meet,, please stop by and buy my wagons.