WTB: 620 windshield

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a new 620 windshield installed for $234 at Apple Auto Glass on SE MLK between the Morrison and Hawthorne. I supplied the gasket and it was about $75 from Too Intense Resto. I thought I would find a nice windshield for cheap and put it in myself.

After cracking two fairly OK P"NP windshields, I gave up and started to look for an installer. I spent a week asking all these mobile Guys off Craigslist if they could do it, and just got flakes looking to slam new glass in late model cars. I talked a ton of auto glass shops and most of them said, what's a Datsun... No we can't get anything like that.

Then I found a web-site that was a division of a major auto glass mfg. called Pilkington Classics. Call the guy and he wanted five hundred bucks for a 620 windshield plus shipping... two options, blue tint or green tint. I almost bought it, I was so frustrated trying to find a new one.

Then I went to Apple, they has dealt with VWs, MGs and other imports that have the same kind of gasket and know how to tuck the head liner in to the back of the gasket like it is supposed to be. The lady goes right to the Pilkington site and quotes me $234 installed. I said are you sure? She said you are supplying the gasket right... that's it, will be here tomorrow.

It is such a pleasure to drive with a new windshield, way worth the time and money to be able to see in the rain or sun glare. I can clean it with a paper towel and and it's perfect. I used quarts of Rain-ex on my old windshield and it was still fucked. I never even thought about putting Rain-ex on the new one yet.

Go for it. Don't cheap out it, get a new one, it will be worth it.

Eagle, i have one that isnt cracked but has a couple rock chips and a minor wiper scratch. $25

if i cant find a better canidate i will let you know, thanx for the offer!

I got a new 620 windshield installed for $234 at Apple Auto Glass on SE MLK between the Morrison and Hawthorne. I supplied the gasket and it was about $75 from Too Intense Resto. I thought I would find a nice windshield for cheap and put it in myself.

After cracking two fairly OK P"NP windshields, I gave up and started to look for an installer. I spent a week asking all these mobile Guys off Craigslist if they could do it, and just got flakes looking to slam new glass in late model cars. I talked a ton of auto glass shops and most of them said, what's a Datsun... No we can't get anything like that.

Then I found a web-site that was a division of a major auto glass mfg. called Pilkington Classics. Call the guy and he wanted five hundred bucks for a 620 windshield plus shipping... two options, blue tint or green tint. I almost bought it, I was so frustrated trying to find a new one.

Then I went to Apple, they has dealt with VWs, MGs and other imports that have the same kind of gasket and know how to tuck the head liner in to the back of the gasket like it is supposed to be. The lady goes right to the Pilkington site and quotes me $234 installed. I said are you sure? She said you are supplying the gasket right... that's it, will be here tomorrow.

It is such a pleasure to drive with a new windshield, way worth the time and money to be able to see in the rain or sun glare. I can clean it with a paper towel and and it's perfect. I used quarts of Rain-ex on my old windshield and it was still fucked. I never even thought about putting Rain-ex on the new one yet.

Go for it. Don't cheap out it, get a new one, it will be worth it.

Figbuck,

Thank you for this insight, i will use it to replace the one in my truck after paint for sure!! The one i need now is for my little bros new KC, and i need it cheap to get him mobile again so i dont think this is going to be an option right now. I will see what P n P has and go from there, i already have a gasket. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.