B3y0ndD34th's Build Thread (My Datsun Aerith)

b3y0ndd34th

That's kinda what happened to mine it seems that the p/o painted them a silver color but they had no idea what they were doing when they painted them, the car is ultimately going to a deep purple so I guess black could do :) thanks for the idea, I could always get creative with my carbon fiber tape too :D I've got some silver carbon fiber I haven't tried yet

Here we go doesn't look too bad. This will do till the body work and a real paint job

IMAG0157.jpg?t=1330825402

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY Got all my steel cleaned up (except the door handles, I'm either going to shave them or replace them, I can clean them but they are really badly pitted so I decided why waste my goof off, and the mirror which will be replaced, I REALLY like the stratus/3000GT mirrors, wanna put them on the fenders all skyline style!) and I wrapped the other tail light bezel in carbon fiber tape. I got a new Steering wheel aswell. I couldn't stand hitting my knees on the wheel when I got in the car anymore, that and it really sucks not being able to turn your car with one hand. So I got this small grant got a horn button ordered today to replace the chrome one. Ended up replacing the stock e-brake handle with a chrome Shark from AutoZone. and while I was at my parents I dropped the tank, gave it a coat of fiberglass and some undercoating. All went well except I dropped the gas tank (EMPTY THANKFULLY) on my face when I was putting it back in, i have facial piercings so it tore me up a bit but I'm okay :)

AND NOW THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR, me to shut up and post son OICS!~

IMAG0168.jpg

IMAG0169.jpg

IMAG0170.jpg

IMAG0171.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

IMAG0173.jpg

• 3 months later...

Well it's been a while so I figured I'd post some more pics, because lets face it, there's NEVER enough!

Yup still rocking the angle iron but check out the theme plates, she has a name!

IMAG0332.jpg

IMAG0333.jpg

I need to put some air in my tires, scratch that I need new tires XD

IMAG0334.jpg

IMAG0335.jpg

Still want to do HID upgrades!

On a side note, what motors will my transmission bolt up to? on that note how do I tell what transmission is on my car? It's a 5 speed (not dogleg), I'm asking cause I might want to motor swap in the future I'll probably replace the tranny but I like to be prepared if I can't!

I also REALLY want a roof rack :D

it looked a LOT like a twix after I painted it, it was a dark brown with some copper flaking in it, looked delicious, I felt hungry every time I got in the Datsun.

I got some new rims for my car, unfortunately, it needs a new radiator now. The rims need cleaned up but they are gonna look so sweet after I'm done :)

So I need ideas on the best way to clean rust off of 38 year old rims XD

Well, I managed to destroy my radiator, I tried to piece it back together, but I ended up getting one off the she f at autozone, it originally goes in a ford taurus and a few other cars. I'm going to be getting the electric fan setup too.

I've begun tearing the motor down to replace the head gasket, and most likely the head too. But here's some oics of the valve cover :)

Look it's body color! :D

IMAG0374.jpg

After 2 or 3 coats

IMAG0375.jpg

A few more

IMAG0376.jpg

IMAG0377.jpg

IMAG0378.jpg

And here's a sneak peek of the rims I had to have that drove my care to the brink of extinction.

IMAG0368.jpg

Here's the rust

IMAG0367.jpg

Here's one without the center caps

IMAG0366.jpg