should i drop this motor in my b210?

i have been thinking of possibly dropping this motor in my datsun.

100_4632.jpg

this is the old engine from my vet. it has a slightly more agressive cam, aluminum heads, roller rockers, edelbrock intake and holley carb. with a fresh rebuild and a hotter cam this motor can easily make 300 to 350 ponies without breaking a sweat. i also have a three speed auto tranny that would easliy take the power from this engine.

the advantage to this swap is that i already have the motor and trans. i'm not intimidated by chopping up the car, moving firewalls, or fabrication. i have done a couple of insane swaps already, and what i have a lot of is determination and motiviation to do the work.

here's what is stopping me. i feel like i should really keep the car all nissan / datsun. what do you guys think? i feel wierd having a datsun with a chevy mill under the hood. but i have seen a lot of v8 powered z cars that are brutally fast and cool, yet i dont feel weird about calling those cars cool.

do you guys remember the old school mustang with the rb25 in the fast and the furious tokyo drift? that car was really cool. if i drop this engine in the b210, it would be my version of this car. i would make the car look japanese from the outside and v8 power on the inside.

of course with this swap will come with a lot of other upgrades that must be considered mandatory, like the a new rearend, up graded brakes and suspension, and not to mention a nice new and huge tranny tunnel in the interior. here are a few pics of my other cars. any words of criticism or advise are welcome. by the way, a chevy small block with aluminum heads, aluminum intake and carb, with minimal acessories weighs about 450 pounds, i now because i already weighed the engine. the engine is also 20 inches at it's widest point, which are the valve covers.

100_4634.jpg

i also have all of the parts to make this engine tpi.

100_4630.jpg

heres a pic of the bee before going under the knife for a clutch replacement.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

since i originally posted this thread i have changed my mind about the future engine going into this car. the v8 is out of the question. too much gas for one, and a lot of suspension mods as well as tunnel mods. and also, a v8 would make the car feel more like a muscle car than an import.

i really think that a ca18det is a better choice for this car. this engine will retain a very import feel to it this it's a high spinning, dual over head cam turbo engine. it's also very light and the price for a complete swap is not that bad. with all the little extra's like a front mount intercooler and a new high pressure fuel system, i should be able to stay under 2500 for everything including me doing the swap. a complete swap to my door from "jhot performance" is about 1500, plus another 1000 for miscellaneaous things and i should be good. i'm just waiting for tax season to start buying parts.

now your speakin my language!

The most important thing is to finish it and drive the thing... a stock engine in a running beater is better than ANY engine in a non running show car... get the car on the road!

i think you hit the nail on the head here, you are totally right. i share this exact philosophy. by the way, my car is running now and it's lowered using your suggestion about flipping the top spring over.

so flipping the top spring worked good? hows the ride? i thought it was flip the bottom one to the top. so just flip the top one and reinstall?

i'll start a new thread, i was hoping to post pics with the enkie's on but they are too wide. i'm trying to get some 165, 45, 15's before i decide to sell the enkie's. i will detail what i did in the new thread.