Has anyone dealt with this company?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to rebuild it, I am kinda hoping that I can buy a new window, re-fill the pump with fluid, and have it work again, but I need to order a pump now, and deal with that later, I have a back-up pressure washer, but I need this one to work, as it has an electric start, and I am getting to old to pull start these machines anymore. I will not be letting landa work on my machines anymore either, there new mechanic is an idiot, as he is the reason that my battery blew up on the machine, and he is the one that screwed up the window that failed also, what I can't figure out is why that window would ever be touched to start with, it is like that little round window on the datsun carbs, there is no reason to touch that window.

Wayno, I've got a good customer who services and rebuilds pressure washing equipment. Would you like for me to make a call and check the price? Perhaps he would know if these guys are legit.

I would like to know if these guys are legit, I called there number, but they won't be open till monday now.

Wayno, what's the issue with your pump?

Like DTP mentioned, on-off kills them.

We had an issue with one a few years back on ours, but rather then replacing, found a blown out seal on the pump outlet. Tore it apart (pretty basic) and replaced it with a generic o-ring. This was about 5 years ago.

Wayno, what's the issue with your pump?

Like DTP mentioned, on-off kills them.

We had an issue with one a few years back on ours, but rather then replacing, found a blown out seal on the pump outlet. Tore it apart (pretty basic) and replaced it with a generic o-ring. This was about 5 years ago.

THIS

Why replace a repairable pump when fixing it will be much much cheaper and probably take less time than waiting for one.

Fact is, I don't know if all the fluid ran out and it ran dry till it smoked itself, or if the fluid ran out and it lost pressure because there was no fluid, without smoking itself. I wouldn't know a smoked pump if I was looking at it, unless it was something obvious. It's like the needle in a SU carb, what does a bad one look like, I sure couldn't tell you, but the Z-threapy guys could, I don't know what I am looking at inside these pumps, all I could do is replace everything and hope I put it back together correctly. I did email a ratsun member that was in this business this evening, but have not heard back yet, fact is, he has not been here since oct. 2011.

If this window thingy caused the fluid to drain out then the pump might not even be bad. I'd go with that first.

No, it is supposed to be used to check the level of the fluid, but there is also a dipstick for that, it's like the kikki carb with the line on the glass for the float level, except this clear plastic window screws in like a bolt.

It takes an hour or more to set up the pump on the cart, and then a $20.00 bill to fill it with fluid, and then I get to see if it will work, I just want a good one, and I will check this one out when I have the time, or have it looked at when I find someone else to work on it other than Landa.