Very New Guy

cblade89

Hows it going everyone. Im pretty new to datsun in general. I found a 411 1.6 wagon on CL for 1500 im very interested in buying. Ive never seen or heard much about the older datsun cars until i found this ad. I really like the look of these vehicles something just draws me to it. I have a few questions. How expensive are these 411s to maintain and finish restoring or modifying? I dont plan on a show room restore something more along the lines of a custom type of look. However i do want to be able to drive this vehicle around before i get the funds for such modifications. How much or how available or parts for this car? I know the car looks as if its missing the grille and fascia/bumper. Interior im not to worried about as far as carpet and seats because i can get these custom made. dash parts of course ill need to get if somethings missing. Also what parts are swappable from different models?

So questions are

1. How expensive is this project?

2. How available are parts?

3. what parts are swappable?

My ambitions for the car would be a ka24 swap, lowering/ wheel and tires, and maybe even suicide rear doors with possibly shaved handles all around.

My link < link of Cl add

Thanks for the help guys

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hows it going everyone. Im pretty new to datsun in general. I found a 411 1.6 wagon on CL for 1500 im very interested in buying. Ive never seen or heard much about the older datsun cars until i found this ad. I really like the look of these vehicles something just draws me to it. I have a few questions. How expensive are these 411s to maintain and finish restoring or modifying? I dont plan on a show room restore something more along the lines of a custom type of look. However i do want to be able to drive this vehicle around before i get the funds for such modifications. How much or how available or parts for this car? I know the car looks as if its missing the grille and fascia/bumper. Interior im not to worried about as far as carpet and seats because i can get these custom made. dash parts of course ill need to get if somethings missing. Also what parts are swappable from different models?

So questions are

1. How expensive is this project?

2. How available are parts?

3. what parts are swappable?

My ambitions for the car would be a ka24 swap, lowering/ wheel and tires, and maybe even suicide rear doors with possibly shaved handles all around.

My link < link of Cl add

Thanks for the help guys

Welcome aboard blade!

I'm no 410/411 expert~ but the ones who are will pipe in shortly. You'll find parts to be as cheap as any other classic pretty much~ and even cheaper with your Ratsun member discount! JK, there's really no formal discount here~ just a lot of great peeps helping eachother out. You're not doing a '36 Bentley here, so don't fear for $1000 fenders or such....

Saw the ad, and @ 1500 I'm guessing it could well be gone before your research is done. Have you explored the 410/411 forum yet?

http://community.rat...rum/36-410-411/

Also check here for recent sales/purchases: http://community.rat...or-sale-wanted/ It should give you a feel for approximate values.

How much a project costs depends really on three things~ whether you have more time or more money, what is your skill level, and last but most important- what is your desired outcome?

If only it weren't so far away~ I could use a wagon myself right now~!

Peace~

Scott

Thanks for the quick reply. Ill be staring at it in person in a couple hours and hopefully the guy will hold it for me since we work in the same building just different areas and I know him through other friends. Maybe i can even get the price dropped :)

I think the seller posted this car here earlier this week. To my mind this is a killer deal. Killer. It is black and a SSS right? Already has a ton of work done to it. The engine is the same used in Datsun roadsters and there are huge resources out there for that.

This is a good deal for the west coast, for the east coast it is a crazy good deal! Cars are usually $1000 more in the east than the west. And shipping from the west is over $1000.

Yea i definitely feel lucky!!

Nice good luck with the process, and if it goes down well, I look forward to your project thread. This place is pretty amazing, the most helpful forum have ever seen, and they've pretty much seen it all when it comes to Datsuns.

So, do you own it yet?

If not, why are you still on the webz?

Go get that Datto!

That this is awesome.

Like Fisch said, good deal on the Left Coast-smoking deal for the East.

And it's an Idaho car?!? Good chance of very little rust!

Welcome to Ratsun.

Can't wait to see more of this thing.

well ive put money down on it while we wait on the title to come in from idaho. then shes mine. If anyone can give me some help getting it started thatd be great. I posted more information on bisquicks thread in the electrical forum.. Thanks!! P.s. I think i'm already a datsun enthusiast.. I've been bit by the datsun bug :cool:

Found an add on ebay that is selling fender mirrors for b120/620s for 20 bucks anybody know if these would be ok on a 411? I need mirrors and a windshield wiper motor.

Don't think those fenders are interchangable, especially not truck fenders. I have a fair amount of 411 parts for sale over here on the West Coast. Good luck with the car and have fun, don't stress. Great price. One sold in Fl for over $4000.