Alignment adjustment

deejay

I just recently dropped my 70 510 with, 280zx struts, camber Plates, ground control coils. X member front and rear sit about 4" off the ground, my steering any while driving if I go any where past 10 o'clock or 2 o'cock on the steering wheel to the left or right wants to aggressively vier off the road.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, first off, welcome to Ratsun. Second, Not sure if there is a question there or your just telling us that your car doesn't like to turn. And these cars LOVE to turn once you teach them how.

What are your alignment settings at? I think that would be the first place to start. Next step would be to post some pictures of your Dime before the masses start to flip out that your first post is not meeting the needs of the picture whores.

Severe toe out will do this. Any time a car is lowered the (or raised) from the stock ride height the steering tie rods tilt upwards which shortens their true horizontal length pulling the backs of both tires inwards and the fronts outward.

Turn the drivers tire until it lines up with the rear one and points straight ahead. Have someone help you with this. Take your time and get it as close as you can by eye. Now take a look at the pass side and look down and line up the sidewalls while looking to the back tire. If toed out it will be looking at the tread on the rear tire. Compare to the driver's side.