Need shorter intake manifold! asap!

hey guys i just bought a 620 with a l20b and i need to find a shorter intake manifold so i can run stacks...i have an intake manifold for a 510 on there right now and its too long, a mikuni one i believe for 44 mikuni carbs, so maybe if anyone wants to trade me wel work something out let me know..

cheers

stef

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should post a pic of it and some measurements, or just a pic taking the critical measurement so we can compare.

Phirus: no, velocity stacks. Sounds like the intake is too long so the vel, stacks are running into something.

hey guys i just bought a 620 with a l20b and i need to find a shorter intake manifold so i can run stacks...i have an intake manifold for a 510 on there right now and its too long, a mikuni one i believe for 44 mikuni carbs, so maybe if anyone wants to trade me wel work something out let me know..

cheers

stef

The 510 has a strut tower in the way that a 620 doesn't have. Brake master would maybe in the way.

Ill be posting pics, sorry guys im new to datsuns and the whole "carb" system haha ill be looking more into it in the morning but from what i know theyre mikuni 44mm dual weber, and a mikuni manifold? Or nismo i was told it was made for a 510....i do have a smaller booster..ill be posting pics

Ouch~ not much space there! All wet intakes (carb, TBI) like to see at least 1.5" of straight air coming into them for proper fuel atomization and distribution. That'd put cyl's 3 & 4 right into the side of the m/cyl. Got room between the m/cyl and hood~ to angle mill the manifold~ so the stacks might point above the m/cyl?

Ehh i mean cyl 3 isnt too bad but cyl 4 is covered, i have an inch if that to play with, im just thinking of machining my own slightly shorter manifold, or just buy a shorty

Easy fix'd be a different manifold. Definitely one of those "more time or money" things, eh? Sweet lookin setup irregardless!;)

Ehh i mean cyl 3 isnt too bad but cyl 4 is covered, i have an inch if that to play with, im just thinking of machining my own slightly shorter manifold, or just buy a shorty

Length of the manifold?

Looks like around 11ish inches total (carbs included) from head....?

THats the Nismo manifold.

These are most wanted in the 510 world.

I would find some 44 mm airhorns and put them on a big disk sander to get them to fit.

Then find some small air cleaners .Maybe the sock type or just run no aircleaners.

My Yellow car my inner most I had to cut down the airhorn. and I run no aircleaners. It gets the paint dirty with back splash of gas but thats the way it is.

I personally think this is a minimum of a 400$ set of carbs to 600$.

Dump the 620 and put it in a 510.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.