shlamming my 410

sledn410

hey guys and gals im new to this forum ,love that there are so many awsome examples of 410 and 411 series datsuns around im so amped to get mine on the go!

i recently got hold of a 66 410 ss i think awsome little car .... luckily i picked this car off an old man who owned it for a long time and kept it in really good nic ad it is fully drivable and at the moment reliable,so i use it to get around quite a bit . i really want to get it sitting a bit or a whole lot closer to the ground. seeing as i have never seen another on of these models in the city or country im from before let alone found any parts i dont really want to chop up the stock front springs so i was wondering if any of you clever guys knew any more common or recent model cars that have springs that would fit?? im pretty sure il be able to nut out the leaf springs on the rear as ive owned my fair share of minitrucks..cheers

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys and gals im new to this forum ,love that there are so many awsome examples of 410 and 411 series datsuns around im so amped to get mine on the go!

i recently got hold of a 66 410 ss i think awsome little car .... luckily i picked this car off an old man who owned it for a long time and kept it in really good nic ad it is fully drivable and at the moment reliable,so i use it to get around quite a bit . i really want to get it sitting a bit or a whole lot closer to the ground. seeing as i have never seen another on of these models in the city or country im from before let alone found any parts i dont really want to chop up the stock front springs so i was wondering if any of you clever guys knew any more common or recent model cars that have springs that would fit?? im pretty sure il be able to nut out the leaf springs on the rear as ive owned my fair share of minitrucks..cheers

Work's comin up quick, so if you don't have some spring specs by tonite I'll dig out my spring book and see if I can't find you something. Can you provide some measurements in the meantime? Outside diameter, wire diameter, and installed heaight would be of great help if my books don't go back that far...

Peace~

Scott

airbags eh??? that woulb be ideal i guess i could just fab up som mounts where the springs are on the front and remove the bumpstops did u run struts or just a bag and where did your shock absorber go? . did u link yr rear or run a setup using the leaf pack?

ill jack the car up tonight and check out my measurements thats pretty much exactly what im after scott !i have seen on here a few people using other nissan parts but the 410 are pretty old fashioned.i found an old set of rear coilover springs from my 180sx that look similar size but im a bit hesitant as the spring rate was pretty hectic and if i chop them down a fair bit the will prob be par with a metal rod .... cheers for the quick posts guys il get some pics of my lil rig up soon need some before and after pics from looking at my wheel arch clearance i thing il be able to go pretty low cheers oh and yes it is the j13 pretty rad lil motor

Not to threadjack,but Ive been offline for a while,looked to see where the airbag project was at,saw it for sale???? I take it things got a little better,and you were able to keep the car? (Hopefully). Im looking at this same swap on mine. I like REALLY low,but I live in Maine,and our roads suck. We'll see where it goes. I will have pics of mine and the wheel offsets etc soon. the weather has been miserable lately.