new member, datsun 320

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I love my L320, I love Nissan trucks

The only new car I ever purchased in my life was a 1995 hardbody, I wish I still owned it.

I was amazed at how the same basic formula was followed in terms of the construction of the two trucks. In spite of the obvious differences they were very similar in the essential design and construction. The way the cab looks behind the seat and the tools are basically exactly the same, under the hood the way the brake lines run ect, seems like they just kept refining and adding to the same basic truck. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

On a side note, my 1986 1/2 hardbody cab and chassis flatbed may be returning to me soon. the odometer stopped working at over 300,000 miles. It still runs. It has a six cylinder, 5 spd trans and it is a dually. It was owned by the Tru-Cut Lawnmower Co. who I used to rent from, and I bought it from them with my brother in 1994. My dad has been using it since we bought a UD, but now I may take it back and use it for work up here in Santa Cruz. That was my first Nissan, it is why I bought the 1995 hardbody, the UD and yes, the 320. Nissan makes great trucks, I think the Japanese car companies blew it when they gave up on small trucks. But I guess the market dictates?

Nissan trucks forever

This is a question I have often thought about. Has anyone ever tried to use the jack handle of their 320 to start the truck? I actually don't have my original jack or tools but I just wondered if anyone has ever tried.

Hey man

I have an extra crank rod from my Patrol

Not sure if it's the same one used on that truck