( Help ) Doble Hitachi carb question.

Yellow_Feva

OK today I was installing my new wheels and tires and go to start my car and notice that there's a huge fuel leak coming from under the car so I immediately turn it off and try to find the spot where it's coming from.

Should these lines be attached?

Here I find these 2 lines attached by zipties and 1 line is leaking.

IMG_0192.jpg

The other picture indicate were the lines are coming from.

IMG_0186.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First gently tighten the bolts on top of the banjo fittings. Next take a small block of wood, place on top of the housing or banjo and give a gentle tap with something less than a 3 pound sledge hammer. This will usually loosen a stuck float. Third, jiggle the "wire" protruding from the bottom of the float bowl. This will usually dislodge small crub blocking the output float needle [you do have a working gasoline line filter don't you?]

First gently tighten the bolts on top of the banjo fittings. Next take a small block of wood, place on top of the housing or banjo and give a gentle tap with something less than a 3 pound sledge hammer. This will usually loosen a stuck float. Third, jiggle the "wire" protruding from the bottom of the float bowl. This will usually dislodge small crub blocking the output float needle [you do have a working gasoline line filter don't you?]

I am a total noob when it comes to these carbs so bare with me ;)

Ok so the problem is with the float closest to the radiator cause that's the one that's leaking.

Now the bolt that I have to adjust is the black one on top of the dome? then tap it gently?

Or are u talking about the 4 bolts on the plate were the line is coming from?

Ive soldierd and filed I webber one and got it to work, drill out any cracks before hand tho or youll re crack it later, also it helps it not blow up while you soldier it. I just lit mine in fire to ckean the gas off/out, maybe I just got lucky tho.

the problem is gas is leaking into your float. You can get them from ztherapy.com the phone number is 503-587-9800 they will take care of you it looks like you have 38mm carbs but i might be wrong. It was 20 dollars a piece plus 5 for shipping.

the problem is gas is leaking into your float. You can get them from ztherapy.com the phone number is 503-587-9800 they will take care of you it looks like you have 38mm carbs but i might be wrong. It was 20 dollars a piece plus 5 for shipping.

Actually found them at my Nissan dealer for 13 dollars each.

Part # 16061-k1407

And yes they are the GX 38MM carbs