'70 510 Wagon as a project?

twofouroh

There's a guy with a 1970 510 wagon near me who wants 1800 for it. I'm knee deep in my Z resto, but I can't help wanting a dime so I can scare the hell out of more than one friend at a time . . . . so I was hoping to get some quick expert advice on whether this one is a decent place to start. I've never even sat in one before

1. It looks pretty clean and straight from pictures, but when I go see it, is there anywhere I should look for hidden rust?

I have a 74 Z, so I already know about the Z specific ones, but I'm sure dimes have their secret spots too.

2. Is 1800 too much for a pretty much stock, definitely grungy car with slight rust and sheet metal issues?

3. Will I have trouble finding rubber glass seals,or interior stuff, or anything else important for the wagon?

4. Will an L28 fit under the hood?? :D

Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

photos will help, but being as you are on the east coast and Datsuns being very uncommon out there scoop it.

Check the lower rear quarters, around the windows, engine bay, rear hatch hinge pockets and if possible the floor boards

L28 is too long for the engine bay by about 2 cylinders

looks like the guy just joined and posted

http://gainesville.craigslist.org/cto/2788111047.html