My KA24E 620

Project Bandwagon

well, ended up pulling the transmission out of my parents bravada instead of buttoning up my to do list on this.

i did get my front bumper and front valance.... actually i got 4 front valances, they were wrapped up together and someone just threw it in the box without looking lol.

it'll take some work to get them to fit, and i have no front bumper brackets so i'll have to mess with that.

i did get a plan for the exhaust which i was very unsure about, so that's good.

gonna be some late nights this week to button stuff up. should be picking up my hardware to do the flares today

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i know how you all feel about updates with no oics.... so

first up on today's project list this busted ass front end:

DSC_0422.jpg

DSC_0421.jpg

started off by masking off the lights and stuff. as you can tell the front end is beat. it lived too long/too hard on someone's ranch :(

and check out the masking paper that came with my front end parts O_O

DSC_0027.jpg

A little flat black oughta hide that funk

DSC_0026.jpg

Grille has been busted and siliconed back together >.< it gets the same treatment

DSC_0034.jpg

I got a new aftermarket valance and front bumper online. just what the doctor ordered

DSC_0031.jpg

and a crappy final picture, it doesn't really do it justice, so much better than before

DSC_0042.jpg

Next up was the rear flares. I took the collars out of the rear coilovers to get it a bit lower, so I had to cut up the box sides for clearance.

Tape Mockup

DSC_0028.jpg

The cutting begins

DSC_0030.jpg

Installed: the bolts were tightened a bit much in this shot so the flare looks warped. they've been loosened a bit

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

Fit and flush in the rear! The front spacers I found fell through (what's new on craigslist) trying to scramble to get another pair to get the front out there a bit

DSC_0041.jpg

so drifting was interesting. it started to snow saturday night a bit so the lot was slick. i spun more 360's than i have in my life.

I have to get the front end sorted out this winter, the combination of the skinny front end and the wide rear end didn't help either. I got a couple of decent runs in though

8218979407_14bd6eea3b.jpg

DSC_5568 by FOTOmotive, on Flickr

8218979779_a61fe4faa4.jpg

DSC_5560 by FOTOmotive, on Flickr

8220061074_65171619dc.jpg

DSC_5585 by FOTOmotive, on Flickr

8219203991_e52cdc1320.jpg

YUS_8756 by FOTOmotive, on Flickr

8219204083_b1d9c671fc.jpg

YUS_8749 by FOTOmotive, on Flickr

in comparison to the IRS, the ka was simple lol

the IRS, i could not have done without my buddy. he does shit like that all the time. he's planning his next project, a rolled audi a4 quatro drivetrain under a vw caddy retaining the awd. should be interesting lol

i think i could do a ka swap in a weekend

• Like 1

it'll break loose on dry pavement, it's got plenty of power. the spinning was mainly attributed to the slick pavement though lol

i'll get the front end either spaced out, or swapped out, she'll have a wider stance, then it will be interesting

• Like 1