found this 510 today FS

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah that things been on ebay for a while... nice car, seems a little pricey to me

I guess that depends on who you ask.

If I really wanted a bone stocker with super low miles, I would be putting the $10-15K price tag as "acceptable" with a little haggle room above and below.

Original paint, zero damage, zero rust, perfect everything, runs like a champ, one owner, clean title, garaged life, well maintained, in 100% mint condition? What would be the price tag on that?

Hell, what if it was one of the original T/A packages all decked out with factory working A/C, factory tinted windows, rear window defroster, passenger side mirror, L18? How about a SSS? What would the price tag be 'then'?

/shakes head.

I agree with Phil, Art's 510 - even though it's been repainted - is the cleanest stock 510 I've ever seen or heard of. I would even compare it to Ms. Dottie, another super clean 510 (whatever happened to Ms. Dottie, anyways???)

Both would be museum-worthy specimens, either way. And some things you can't replace with jo-blow's down the street, and in 20 years they could be 5x more valuable. Look how much a 510 will fetch now compared to when new???

Yah i love arts car so much more than this one. While this one is clean, at least the pics dont even make it compare to arts....well now my dads car since i get to see it sitting in my dads shop all the time. Reason arts was repainted is because he actualy drove his to shows instead of letting it sit in a garage somewhere, thats the real way to have a show car. You dont trailer it, you drive it.

IMAG1122.jpg

IMAG1123.jpg

Plus, the blue is way more sexy than orange any day.

As to 510 prices, that orange is worth about 7-8k. I still dont beleive dimes should cost more than 10k half the time, but they are getting older. SO many think theyre shit box's with just a ka or sr under the hood makes their dime worth around 15-20k, no it doesnt, If you have a rusty pile with a sr, u got about a 6k car, not a 15k car. I agree with some prices, but most prices i see are people who have no true idea on datsuns, they just built them and got tired of them because they get tired of driving a older car every day. Ive seen people try to sell 4 doors that are a poc compared to mine that just needs paint, ive seen people want like 8k, and i look at mine and think hmm. I only wanted 4-5 when i was selling her due to hard times, and i even thought that was pushing it on price. Yes it is nice having our cars be worth more, but when vehicle prices go up, so do parts and everything. Luckily i dont need any parts :) for my 510 anyway.