Introducing myself

Cram

Hello Ratsun community. I've been lurking around here for a little while and on all the other datsun forums out there. I've been digging the forum here more than the others lately because of the variety of Datsuns and the abundance of jokers. I also have a new desire for a 510 so I have been reading through all that stuff on here. My Dad had a '73 510 that he bought new and auto-crossed and later gave it to my brother who totaled it in the mid 90s. So that is how I first started to appreciate Datsuns and in '07 I bought my Z.

I have a 1973 240z that I have been working on and it's nearing completion, but I still have some stuff I would like to do it such as build an engine and paint the engine bay. About a year ago I finished the paint and body work and recently added ground control adjustable coil overs and camber plates. Some of the other stuff I've done is put in a R200 3.9 rear end, ZX 5 spd, triple webers, poly bushings, and a bunch of other basic stuff that make it stop and roll. Not sure what I want to do with the engine yet, but I have started to collect some parts.

Here are some oics for yah:

zdriveway.jpg

photo9.jpg

photo8.jpg

This pic is about three years ago before I painted it. The ZX is just some random person that decided to park at my work that day.

myz.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Ratsun community. I've been lurking around here for a little while and on all the other datsun forums out there. I've been digging the forum here more than the others lately because of the variety of Datsuns and the abundance of jokers. I also have a new desire for a 510 so I have been reading through all that stuff on here. My Dad had a '73 510 that he bought new and auto-crossed and later gave it to my brother who totaled it in the mid 90s. So that is how I first started to appreciate Datsuns and in '07 I bought my Z.

I have a 1973 240z that I have been working on and it's nearing completion, but I still have some stuff I would like to do it such as build an engine and paint the engine bay. About a year ago I finished the paint and body work and recently added ground control adjustable coil overs and camber plates. Some of the other stuff I've done is put in a R200 3.9 rear end, ZX 5 spd, triple webers, poly bushings, and a bunch of other basic stuff that make it stop and roll. Not sure what I want to do with the engine yet, but I have started to collect some parts.

photo8.jpg

Welcome aboard~ and kudos for oics (pics~ you'll figure out the backstory) on your first post! You've got a fine looking Z there~ and I've got a lowcost upgrace to make it even better. That's a great idea you had on your fuel line insulation~ but how about some spiral or split loom to dress it up a tad? Or just leave it, and I'll trade you for my 521.... ;) I'll even throw in a case of your favorite adult beverage~:blink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome aboard~ and kudos for oics (pics~ you'll figure out the backstory) on your first post! You've got a fine looking Z there~ and I've got a lowcost upgrace to make it even better. That's a great idea you had on your fuel line insulation~ but how about some spiral or split loom to dress it up a tad? Or just leave it, and I'll trade you for my 521.... ;) I'll even throw in a case of your favorite adult beverage~:blink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the compliment. The engine compartment is the one area that I haven't really touched. The fuel line insulation is part of a factory fix to prevent vapor lock on the '73 flat-top carbs and I just left it in place when I slapped the triples on. I definitely have intentions to spruce things up a bit. I've been kicking around the idea of painting the engine compartment red to match my interior.

I was starting to wonder if all the new members were going to come from Georgia . Maybe there should be a meet around Kelso Castlerock and yes ,,,,,Woodland, area because there seem to be quite a few of you down there. And it`s definetly closer for me than Vancover ..

Nice car and welcome