vancouver bolts

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I stand corrected, I wonder where I came up with the other incorrect name.

How do you know someone grew up on Vancouver? They call that place either Vancouver Nut & Bolts or Vancouver Bolt. Don't feel bad, everyone here calls them Vancouver Bolt and have been doing so for years.

your trying to buy head bolts at a hard ware store?

They're hardly a "hardware store". They specialize specifically in fasteners and everything related to fasteners. I had no way of turning the trigger wheel to put it on the back of the harmonic balancer, so I bolted it to the front. Thing was, no one had a bolt in the right size and read as the one on the snout of the L28's crank. They did. I had to buy a 3 foot length, but even then it was only about $20, and they cut and radiused the ends of the length I used. A couple nuts and lockwashers and I'm golden.

And the people there are just great; knowledgeable and friendly. If I wanted to waste $100, they could even get me a "sky girder" bolt. I don't know what it was used for, but it's about two feet long with a 22" hex head on it and is about 14" thick. Make a pretty awesome table out of that thing. :)

How do you know someone grew up on Vancouver? They call that place either Vancouver Nut & Bolts or Vancouver Bolt. Don't feel bad, everyone here calls them Vancouver Bolt and have been doing so for years.

They're hardly a "hardware store". They specialize specifically in fasteners and everything related to fasteners. I had no way of turning the trigger wheel to put it on the back of the harmonic balancer, so I bolted it to the front. Thing was, no one had a bolt in the right size and read as the one on the snout of the L28's crank. They did. I had to buy a 3 foot length, but even then it was only about $20, and they cut and radiused the ends of the length I used. A couple nuts and lockwashers and I'm golden.

And the people there are just great; knowledgeable and friendly. If I wanted to waste $100, they could even get me a "sky girder" bolt. I don't know what it was used for, but it's about two feet long with a 22" hex head on it and is about 14" thick. Make a pretty awesome table out of that thing. :)

For us in the Eugene area.. the go to store is Eugene Fasteners. It's the same deal... Anything you could want. Huge selection in stock.