Good luck for a change

I don't normally have good luck when it comes to...anything. The damage is worse then showed. The parts are more expensive. There are butterfly ripple effects from a mod that takes me three days to make the ten minute chang work. So when this happened, I was shocked.

I'm nearing paint on my goon resto, and the windshield has always be en a sore spot, with its huge crack. The ebay foreign made replacements run...700-800 shipped? I'm east coast, so used ones may as well be made out of the holy grail.

So when I found two NOS carlite brand wind shields for my 72 goon at the glass shop around the corner from my families body shop, I nearly fainted. I asked on a whim while down there getting glass put in a Honda we are fixing. She had to go back and read through their rolodex of records. Theyve been patiently waiting in their loft since 78.

So now, my year long resto, won't be uglified by a cracked wind shield.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy both of them NOW! Crate one up in a 2x4 and plywood box with plenty of padding and tuck it away somewhere quite and safe.

Indeed! Anything could happen in the future... shop could go under, fire or they just throw it out. Once these things are gone.... they are gone forever. Get it. Sell it even to keep another 510 on the road and beautiful.