L24 manual to automatic swap troubles

High5maxi!

No fluid out the coolant lines means the oil pump isn't pumping.

The outer case of the torque converter drives the pump directly so that must be turning.

There is ATF fluid in the transmission. Correct amount? any spill out during change? If level is below the filter pick up there will be no hydraulic pressure.

This has to be something simple, something assumed that is not, something overlooked.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No fluid out the coolant lines means the oil pump isn't pumping.

The outer case of the torque converter drives the pump directly so that must be turning.

There is ATF fluid in the transmission. Correct amount? any spill out during change? If level is below the filter pick up there will be no hydraulic pressure.

This has to be something simple, something assumed that is not, something overlooked.

Agreed completely ...

Hard hookup adjustment on linkage ?

Modulator ?

If all else fails ... I would be half tempted to drop the oil pan ... And ever so carefully inspect internal filter and valve body .... Passages ... But this shouldn't be your problem since you said it worked in all forward gears and reverse prior ...

Hope the pump didn't get damaged somehow

So i got tired of dealing with the auto so i went ahead and put all of my 5 speed stuff from my other maxima in it. I know its un-related to drivetrains but now my motor is acting up. Its from a 240z and i put all of the maxima's fuel injection stuff on it and it runs a bit rough kinda like its missing at times, then after i drive around a bit and the engine warms up it idles alright but if i touch the gas at all it wants to stall out like its flooding or somthing.. Could this be cause the e.c.u is for an automatic? Or maybe the N42 head? What does it sound like to you?

Mn42 head and l24 shortblock with maxima ex mani ? Is there a difference in pistons at all ?

Check plug wires , plugs , fuel pressure , distributor vacuum advance , and that distributor breaker plate moves easily ...

Change fuel filter , check all electrical connections and clean since you swapped over , proper torque on intake yes ...

Clean maf sensor possibly ?

Test 02 sensor ...

Dirty injectors ?

Far reach ... But exhaust system get plugged ... Especially if engine overheated and possibly melted down cat converter ... But you said already it ran and drove ...

I personally would not have a clue on ecu

Naow that I think of it ... If you switched heads obviously ... Are you 100 percent sure ... Timing chain and distributor postion are exactly where they need to be ? ... It would take 1 link off ... On chain ... To fawk up some stuff ... Errrrr