88 Conquest TSI for sale locally

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have owned 3 of these 148,000 going to need a timing chain before the oil pump chain snaps and fries the engine and while you are in there you will need to do a balance shaft elimination. i bet the head bolt's have never been re torqued. in less they are real hard to come buy over there no way that is a 2900 dollar car. if you look in the pic he has replaced the fuel injector clip's but it look's like he used el tape after twisting them together. with the fans wired up the way they are he is going to burn out the alt I know this from experience.

every time you buy a starquest figure you are going to spend around 300 to make it reliable

head gasket

timing componets

top end gasket kit

oil pan gasket

switch to manual rockers from early caravan

jet valve elimination

adjust tps and isc

check every thing

check all vac lines

eliminate secondary air filter(50cent trick)

and after that 300

there is

fuel injector clips

fuel filter

intank filter sock

the shocks are usually toast

and the air dams are almost always cracked

but man when these fickle biotch's run right they are awsome

it is an awsome daily driver the lsd's in these cars are sweet what other 80's turbo car can you find for cheep that has 4 wheel vented disc's lsd leather interior digital climate control with wide wheels. i have the window sticker from my last 88 it cost 27,000 in 1988.

i want another i just dont have time for one right now.

for research try starquestclub starquestix or 2.6liter.us

I txt the owner, since he is about a mile away. Said it is on ebay now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988-Chrysler-Conquest-TSI-YELLOW-5-spd-Mitsubishi-Starion-/160684631976?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item25698ce7a8#full-history

From the carfax, looks like it sat for about 6 years. Bet there are plenty of band aid repairs. Plus, I've never seen the car on the road anywhere around here.

the 88/89 180 hp 225 ft torque at 10 pounds of boost 3200 pounds they will top out the speedo i have done 135 in my old car and still had pedal had to back off due to traffic coming up fast . they have a good aero dynamics

The guy i bought my Z31 was telling me how he was beating Corvettes and Porches. last time he drove it he hit 150 no sweat.

I'm talking about a 84 turbo one btw.

Im sure you know the specs of the Z31 though, i think around 250ish HP? i know it wasn't alot for it being a 3 liter turbo. I've ridden in one and it handles corners pretty well. it is heavy though.

The guy i bought my Z31 was telling me how he was beating Corvettes and Porches. last time he drove it he hit 150 no sweat.

I'm talking about a 84 turbo one btw.

Im sure you know the specs of the Z31 though, i think around 250ish HP? i know it wasn't alot for it being a 3 liter turbo. I've ridden in one and it handles corners pretty well. it is heavy though.

a stock z31 at 250 horses i think not. they handle like poop. but like any thing with a little work they are fun my buddy has one with a holeset on it at 22 pounds that he keeps blowing up that thing gets up. but my starion with a big 16g was also just as fun and mine never blew up

a stock z31 at 250 horses i think not. they handle like poop. but like any thing with a little work they are fun my buddy has one with a holeset on it at 22 pounds that he keeps blowing up that thing gets up. but my starion with a big 16g was also just as fun and mine never blew up

Faaaawwwwwk i forgot mine was a single slammer... ollzzz

VG30DETT is where all the power lies.

• 1 month later...

last few i have owned of about 12 or so

1987 atlantic blue conquest

passsidelowprofile.jpg

1987 Indigo blue Starion

drvrtop.jpg

1987 Conquest with 306/AOD.Traded it for the cherry 87 pathfinder in background.That is the new Conquest owners in the pic.

trooper002.jpg

Do you live in Huntsville? I've seen afew conquest show up at Jeff's show and driving around and yours look familar...

Fuzz

Do you live in Huntsville? I've seen afew conquest show up at Jeff's show and driving around and yours look familar...

Fuzz

No,but the silver/primered conquest with the ford 306 was traded to a guy fron huntsville.

He put it up for sale about 6 months after we traded,i tried to buy ti back but he was a complete douche bag.

So it is possible my old car was bought by someone else.

I woudl love to get it back so if u know its location,pm me with informtaion please.