Rearend for a 510 Wagon

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vibrates? I've never heard of a diff doing that. Have you ruled out the driveshaft (out-of-balance)?

But if it is the diff, just replace the pumpkin (center section). It is an H165, like many other datsuns. See H165 donor cars. You can have your pick of ratios too.

Or maybe it's just one wheel bearing. Those are inexpensive.

H190... http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/?title=H190

Hope you find one quick!

me toooooo!

Vibrates? I've never heard of a diff doing that. Have you ruled out the driveshaft (out-of-balance)?

But if it is the diff, just replace the pumpkin (center section). It is an H165, like many other datsuns. See H165 donor cars. You can have your pick of ratios too.

Or maybe it's just one wheel bearing. Those are inexpensive.

Haven't ruled out the drive shaft. I was hoping to just swap out rearends Its my daily driver so I can't have any downtime. It could be a wheel bearing I haven't inspected it as much as I should have.

So you are looking for a complete axle, I have one that I bought for a project, but didn't go that route. The issue here is that it has been outside for a few years now, and I am unable to turn either drum, but I have not tried very hard yet. As I said, I bought this axle from a guy in eugene from under a complete wagon, other than that, I know nothing about it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.