FS: L20b longrod Frankenmotor

1321744142[/url]' post='581012']

Willing to crate and ship?

Right now it's spoken for. I'm supposed to have a check in the mail. If that falls through I'll let you know. To answer your question yes I am willing to crate and ship but I am not willing to eat the cost of the crating.

Thanks for your interest. Stay tuned.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1321753490[/url]' post='581127']

I always like reading datzenmike's posts....

this sounds like a real good deal, I'm still wondering what a fresh datsun engine runs like..

I know right? Can you just subscribe to a user? wink.gif

Take note of the edit.

I built an identical bottom end for a buddy this last summer with ITM Z22E pistons, but did a few other choice things in the bottom end as well as my break-in procedure. Turns 7400 RPMs every shift and I figured compression ratio to be around 11.2:1 (with his kick butt cylinder head)

In a datto shortblock, building a parts combination is about 30% of the work that needs to go into building the motor.

*EDIT*

compression is not 11.2:1, it is 11.62:1 since we used a factory gasket, not the thicker one(stock+head saver shim) that we were planning on using.

The motor only runs on 113 octane VP fuel which is vital to the life of the cast pistons at this high of a compression ratio. (if you have ever spilled 113 on your skin, you know of the cooling effect that it offers, LOL!)

Removing metal from the combustion chamber makes it larger. The larger it is the lower the compression.

When you spoke of "trimming the head" I assumed you meant milling the deck rather than hogging out the chamber~

must be some Canuckian/English translation thing....:lol:

still available or did this sell. i am still interested.

I got the check and the date for pick up is 12/3 as of right now. Looks like it is not only spoken for, but sold. Thanks for your interest though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.