Fuel lines...???

1lo620

Ok I am fighting crap in my tank and a broken end of a fule line...Has anyone ever just ran rubber hose from the fuel tank to the engine bay by passing all the hard lines all together and or is this something that I should or shouldnt do.. The next step is replace with new after market fuel cell.....chime in...I want to get this truck a runnin!!!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also say no. If you have a broken hard line, either cut and re-flare it. I'm not sure what tool you use for fuel hardline flaring, but you want this.

5237084310_2317648607.jpg

I also wouldn't go for an aftermarket fuel cell. Yeah they're nice, but they're expensive and mounting them is a pain in the ass, and usually involves doing some chopping (In retrospect I wish I had talked my brother out of doing a fuel cell on his Camaro). I would recommend doing something like this on your tank:

http://www.ratwell.c...estoration.html

It sounds like a lot of work and expensive, but I'll bet it's cheaper and easier than doing a fuel cell, and the final product will be as good, if not better.

YOUR FUEL SYSTEM IS NOT A PLACE TO CUT CORNERS! This is a team that doesn't cut any corners, ever. You can see what happens when they have a very small fuel leak.

Get another fuel tank ,,, cheap ,,, talk to radiator shop to dip/boil it "Mac's Radiator" I have used ,,, they are portland area ? maybe others ? IDK ,,, see what price is and tell them about inlet tube on inside you might wish to have re-welded ,,, price out new fuel line hoses , filler neck hose , clamps , fuel hard lines ( availability and price ) ,,,

I have never cut , bent , or flated FUEL LINEs ,,, but would it be that much different than a brake line flaring tool ? ,,,

this is all going to be much easier in parts lay-out/method than it appears ,,, just more work/grunting/$$$ :)

No ,,, If you TRULY have that much crap coming from your tank ,,, running another line most likely won't help IMHO ,,, and ,,, if your tank has that much crap in it ,,, consider finding another one to toy with !

Summit-Racing and JC Whitney ,,, have Gas Tank Cleaner and Sealer Kits I believe for fairly cheap :D ,,, look at the methods , time , and espcially $$$ that you have ,,, and act accordingly after research research reasearch my friend :)

BTW If you really had to ,,, why not just mount the fuel cell in the back of the truck bed ? ;)

Yeah, actually the radiator shop thing is probably a better idea. Although yeah, getting another (better) tank to that to would probably be best. I have no idea how the bulbous flares on fuel lines are made, but you'll want to remake that shape.

This shape:

fuel+pump+assy_big16710MAL601+01_61f71301330284.jpg